Communication fault

This unit is the RT4 and RT5 system and is made by Magneti Marelli
Main differences between RT4 & RT5 - RT5 has Bluetooth Hands Free, faster Navigation calculation and on C4 & C4 Picasso only, USB ports and a High-Res screen.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

zellenakinc
My Cars: Citroen C5 (X7) 103kw 2.0HDi

Communication fault

Post by zellenakinc »

Hello,
I have a massage insert upgrade CD ...
It's a device RT3 eV.
Since I got a CD with 8.31 software two years ago and did the upgrade without any problems and everything worked until the day before yesterday when my kid insert a regular audio CD and in 5 minutes the device ask for an upgrade again.
I put the CD in again and booted the system and the music works, the navigation works, I just had to activate the USB via the diagbox, which was not necessary last time ...
USB now works the same, but now the visual assistance for parking on the screen does not work and the sound of parking assistance is not on the sound system but on the runway somewhere under the board. Lexia and diagbox report an error in communication with car radio and phone ...
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Communication fault

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You may have changed some settings for the reversing assistance using Diagbox that are incorrect for the vehicle with RT4.

Make sure these 2 settings are DEACTIVATED:

Display of the option "visual detection of an obstacle in proximity" Deactivated
Display of the option "audible detection of an obstacle in proximity" Deactivated

This does not mean the function is deactivated, but it is the mandatory setting for RT4. The parking assistance is set in the other section of the BSI parameters as shown below:

Parking assistance
Absent: Without parking assistance
Present Rear: With rear parking assistance (Presence of proximity sensors in the bumper)
Present Front and Rear: With front and rear parking assistance (Presence of proximity sensors in the bumpers)
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
zellenakinc

Post by zellenakinc »

I didn't change anything.
the parking sensors stopped working when I upgraded the software to 8.31. afterwards I attached Daigbox and saw that BSI has errors with the communication of the car radio and the phone, here are the error codes in the picture ...
Btw car is Citroen C5 2009
zellenakinc

Post by zellenakinc »

IMG_20210920_172702.jpg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ignore F5FF for now.

F03D: means Absence of communication with the hands-free kit or the portable unit. So has this been wrongly configured / removed or activated when it is not installed?

Hands-free kit ECU or portable unit configured to "Present" but absent on the CAN
Hands-free kit ECU or portable unit configured to "Absent" in the built-in systems interface
No data received by the built-in systems interface originating from the hands-free kit or the portable unit on the CAN for 3 seconds.

F062: - Audio system ECU configured to "Absent" in the BSI.
- No reception of BSI data from the audio system ECU on the CAN (For at least 2,4 seconds)

F066: No communication on the network LIN (Between the BSI and the battery charge status control unit).

So for now I would be concerned about the last code F066. The Battery Charge Status Unit is attached to the negative lead of the battery. This unit monitors battery health and informs the BSI on the condition of the battery and determines when the vehicle goes into economy mode.

Have you altered anything here or done anything to this unit? It is important that this is working and configured correctly.

One of the causes of this is incorrect configuration in the BSI.

I suspect given these errors, that some settings in the the BSI has been changed without knowing what the consequences are of doing so. Not everything is obvious and some settings need to be a certain way (even if they look wrong) for certain vehicles with certain optional equipment to work properly.

Some guidance for new users of Diagbox:

viewtopic.php?t=60600
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
zellenakinc

Post by zellenakinc »

Tnx bro....
zellenakinc

Post by zellenakinc »

Hello again,
how can I solve the problem with the communication of the car radio RT3 ev and the multifunction screen with BSI?!
thanks...
Attachments
IMG_20210921_141446.jpg
zellenakinc

Post by zellenakinc »

whether the problem is with the RT3 eV device