BPGA replacement on 308SW

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dram773

BPGA replacement on 308SW

Post by dram773 »

Hi all,
My 308SW (2017) has developed the common battery/charging/all systems fault that seems to be due to a failing relay in the BPGA (part 9675350280).
I've watched a video that shows that replacement is simply a straight swap over.
However, two potential suppliers of the (expensive) part tell me that it has to be programmed and I'll need to take the vehicle to an authorised service centre or dealer.
Can anyone kindly explain what needs to be done and whether or not it is a DIY job if I get, for example, an OBD scanner etc.
Many thanks
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: BPGA replacement on 308SW

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Please don't create multiple posts for the same issue - I've deleted your other post after I had answered it and then saw that you created this thread. It causes duplication of answers.

In anwer to the other deleted post:
@dram773: My answer above was specific to that member's vehicle.

The advice will differ depending on the exact model and electronic architecture of the specific vehicle. So in your case, I will need your VIN to confirm. Please post your VIN in full without spaces - it will be automatically masked from public view after submitting your post & will only be visible to staff.
OBD scanners don't have the capability to do any programming or configuration in any case. You would need a professional dealer-level diagnostic kit to do undertake anything like that, should it be required.

But as I've said, I would need to check from your VIN, as not all these need configuring and that is why there is no clear guidance and contradictory advice - that's YouTube and sellers that don't always know what they are on about.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
dram773

Post by dram773 »

Hi Marc,
Many thanks for your response and apologies for any confusion.
The VIN is VF3**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
Kind regards
A.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so confirmed that there is no coding required for this unit on your vehicle.

The supplies protection and management unit cuts the power supply to make the vehicle safe in the event of a short-circuit.

However if doing this replacement yourself, you do need to be thoroughly careful to ensure that you mark ALL the cable connections correctly to the exact locations / Fuse positions on the unit, as the fuses will differ from vehicle to vehicle depending on fitted equipment and options, so will not be the same from vehicle to vehicle. We won't be able to advise if you get these wrong on reconnection. So I'd recommend good quality labels and plenty of photos as you go along to document the removal.

Before removing, carefully clean the area of the old unit, so you can clearly see the identification markings first. :wink:

It goes without saying to follow the BSI Reset / Battery Disconnect / Reconnect Procedure before disconnecting anything.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
dram773

Post by dram773 »

Many thanks Marc - owe you a beer or three :)