pug 508 sos keeps calling the police

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

marcosmeanos

pug 508 sos keeps calling the police

Post by marcosmeanos »

Ok so a new to me car and as per the subject the Peugeot tells me emergency call requested then I have to explain to the nice person the car has gone insane and I do not require assistance.

Car parked and locked, click keyfob to unlock, open door and before even being seated it does the emergency call requested press aqain to cancel. Red phone button does nothing and neither does pressing the sos button.

normal use the sos flashed red and when it makes the call it turns green.

Any ideas? I would be happy with a fuse location at this point :-D
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: pug 508 sos keeps calling the police

Post by GiveMeABreak »

May be the telematics unit battery needs replacing which can cause issues / or a replacement unit , but has anything been done wiring-wise or any faults with the Airbag system?
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
marcosmeanos

Post by marcosmeanos »

Thanks for the response. It didnt make calls when I did a test drive, didnt do it when i picked it up or for a couple of days after and it then made its first call when the car was unlocked without keys in the ignition while i was under the bonnet.

I was replacing the thermostat so air intake at air filter sensors unpluged, temp sensor unpluged, substantial grey plug on the wiring loom over the thermostat and the glowplug earth point unbolted. It made the first call as I plugged all these back in after finishing the job

Battery remained connected with ignition off while i did this work

all dash lights iluminate and extinguish when started so no warning lights

Just poped outside and unlocked without it making a call. Plugged in my code reader (Jag/landrover) in obd2 mode and no faults. Kind of expected as its not specific for vehicle so only reading basic system stuff
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I would consider going through the BSi reset routine. It may be that, when you were working on the car (with the battery connected) you caused something to glitch, with the results you are experiencing. The BSi reset does clear glitches (but real problems will remain).

This is the BSi reset routine, and there are steps you can ignore (as it was written to allow for Citroens);

viewtopic.php?t=61997
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Always disconnect the battery using the BSI Reset / Battery Disconnect / Reconnect Procedurewhen disconnecting electrical plugs and connections as the data networks are active whilst the battery is connected which can cause issues.

Marc
marcosmeanos

Post by marcosmeanos »

Cheers guys. Working through the reset now
marcosmeanos

Post by marcosmeanos »

right then...

Window open and bonnet open
put the key in the house and waited over 5 mins
disconected batt -
sos rang the police so shouted through the open window that i was fine
reconected batt - after a good 5 minutes
opened car door and it rand the police

I have closed the window and bonnett then locked and walked away but im not feeling hopful after all that.

Go back and try again or wait and see how it goes from this point forward?
marcosmeanos

Post by marcosmeanos »

quick update

I braved it and went back out to the Peugeot.

Unlocked on keyfob
Opened door with eyes closed :D
No voices talking to me
Ignition on and waited while that satnav found it location and what not
With ignition on the sos has a fairly rapid red light flash and after 60 seconds or so the flashing stopped.

I returned home got out and locked the car on fob then did the above again and went for another drive with no sos calls.

Keeping fingers crossed and will update you tomorrow morning when I pop out. Is the red/orange flashing light normal for the first minute or so then goes out?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes it should flash then extinguish.

Marc
marcosmeanos

Post by marcosmeanos »

just running through the reset again. it was good for three lock, unlock drives around the block then it rang police on the 4th go. battery back up seems fine as it rang while the battery was disconected on the first reset attempt
marcosmeanos

Post by marcosmeanos »

ok last update for the evening.

Did the reset procedure again without any calls happening
Locked, unlocked and run the engine until the sos stopped flashing before locking up

Im hiding inside now until tomorrow and will post the results.

Cheers for the help guys
marcosmeanos

Post by marcosmeanos »

Unlocked this morning, sos light turned green and rang emergency services before I was seated in the car sigh...... Seems I have properly upset the car when I unpluged those sensors and im kicking myself.

3rd times a charm? Doing the reset again but im thinking its going to be more involved than that

Can the system be disabled by fuse or menu system in car?

I have got the car to a fully sorted (except sos) and serviced state for my wife but no way is she going to use it if it keeps ringing the police

Please rescue me from my stupidity [-o< . Countdown is 14 days until the car is going into full time work as my wifes vehicle due to her £250 206 runing out of mot at that point

Left for 5 minutes then disconected the battery again this morning but will just leave it off for some hours before reconecting this time. not sure it will make any difference but at this point i will try anything. sos light is flashing green with main vehicle battery disconected

nervous peek through the open window 15 minutes later and sos button has stoped flashing
marcosmeanos

Post by marcosmeanos »

Right this needs plugging into a diagnostic system.

Bsi reset done for the third time and left the battery disconected for three hours. Just before reconecting I unpluged and pluged back in the sensors that were removed during the thermostat change and the first thing it did when the battery was reconected was to call the emergency line. It even says if you did not request this please press the button to cancel and i can confirm that does nothing

Can some one advise if this system can be disabled in anyway? I am not concerned with it throwing a fit/fault codes or it stoping radio or satnav working (Guessing its all linked) as I just need the vehicle to be usable and get it diagnosed
marcosmeanos

Post by marcosmeanos »

I had noticed that after the side lights, hold lock button on key part of the reset that although I pressed lock and unlock it didnt actualy lock and unlock the doors. After watching a youtube video they opened and closed the drivers door at this point so I thought why not try. After opening and closing the door the indicators flashed, pressed lock then unlock which did control the locks this time and then started the car.

So far is hasnt called the police

I also have a full chip lexia 3 on its way to me now for future fun and games
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

I'm only guessing but sure that Marc will know.
Does the unit have a SIM card to enable it to place emergency calls? If so, removing the SIM should stop the random calls.