Hi all

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

Beepbeep
(Donor 2022)

Hi all

Post by Beepbeep »

Hi everyone,

New to the forum and have had the pleasure of owning many French cars over the years including my first car which was a 1.8 pug 306 😀.
Will be honest and admit I have joined to solve an issue I have currently, I am looking for the correct gearbox code for a Peugeot 206. I stumbled across a thread through Google where givemeabreak was extremely helpful to a member by advising him the correct one. I am sorry if it is poor etiquette to immediately jump in with a want, please let me know if there is anything I need to do to gain this assistance.

Many thanks all
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Re: Hi all

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Hi, and :welc: to the Forum. Don't worry about your first post being a request for help; helping people with French cars with problems is why the Forum was created.

While I personally cannot help, I would suggest you post up the vehicle VIN here in this thread. That will allow Forum staff to determine what is the correct gearbox for that vehicle. It is safe to post the VIN, as the Forum software obscures it so only Forum staff can read it (like this; VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff] ).
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Post by mickthemaverick »

Hi and :welc: to the forum

There are many things going on around the forum apart from the technical expertise of the gathered throng. Have a good look round from the board index above and join in any topic which interests you. As far as your issue is concerned part number queries warrant a member donation of £10 which will cover you for up to 2 years of parts enquiries. You can find all the details by following this link:

viewtopic.php?p=685750#p685750
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
Beepbeep
(Donor 2022)

Post by Beepbeep »

Thank you both for the swift responses and the warm welcome👍 I will make a donation tonight and pop a post up in the correct part of the forum regarding the gearbox code along with my VIN number.