C5 1.8 2003 P0411 P1544 Error Codes (one year later)

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

KorbenDallas
(Donor 2021)

C5 1.8 2003 P0411 P1544 Error Codes (one year later)

Post by KorbenDallas »

Hello.

I´m back...

The C5 still runs, but the antipollution fault is now a "regular visitor" of my dashboard screen.

So far, it has been in the dealer's office three times for the same OBD Code. P0411, secondary air pump.

Now it has new spark plugs, new lambda sensors (both, pre and post-catalytic converter), and even I change the ignition coil and the little conduct that communicates the valve cover with the Throttle body.

Seems that the Air Pump, although is working is the next part to change.

On the last visit I must confess that I felt robbed without a gun, but I went to the dealer in order they took care of the "IPO", the MOT of Portugal.

Technical stuff: Lexia never shows me the P0411 code or any similar message, so I get it from an iCarsoft OBD Bluetooth adapter, and the FAP app.

The strangest part is that, after the last inspection, Lexia "can´t see" the Injection module. It is like the dealer cut somehow the communication with the injection module to avoid getting the P0411 code.

The C5 VIN Number is VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

And you can see the Lexia Screen and the FAP app

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Attachments
FAP 02.jpg
FAP 01.jpg
Lexia 08.jpg
Lexia 07.jpg
Lexia 06.jpg
Lexia 05.jpg
Lexia 04.jpg
Lexia 03.jpg
Lexia 02.jpg
Lexia 01.jpg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: C5 1.8 2003 P0411 P1544 Error Codes (one year later)

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I'm not getting any of these fault codes as valid codes for this engine.
Citroen don't 'disable' systems.
Your FAP code reader may be creating faults codes that don't exist. As you can see they are not coming up with Lexia which is the dealer-level diagnostic as you know.

You should let Lexia detect the vehicle itself automatically, once you have entered the RPO. If it is not communicating with some ECUs, then I suspect your VCI may not be a full CAN version, which is indicative that it can't communicate with certain ECUs.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

Agree with marc there, myself have the icarsoft its the frv2 version,this will show codes lexia won't find , and my car is ok. To get a true picture of everything you do need the full vci chipset, when James reset my dpf warning fault after id put a new dpf on i didn't have my lexia running or set up, but when james did my rrset when he showed me the setup he had it spoke to absolutely all the cars ecus the full chip set is a tab pricey but to be honest is worth it.
Husky. :?
KorbenDallas
(Donor 2021)

Post by KorbenDallas »

Hello, thanks for the quick reply.

I totally agree with the fact that iCarsoft may create codes that don´t exist. I notice that when I receive the scanner and tested it in my C3 2015, the app shows two codes and the car was fine without any message on the dashboard screen.

On the other hand, the C5 shows the message "Antipollution Fault", and that is the reason why I started this "journey" of Chinese OBD adapters, the iCarsoft adapter, and the Lexia.

The detail I forgot to mention is that in all the times I used the Lexia, it communicated with all the modules, and I had access to all the sub-menus, but only after the last time the car was at the dealer´s shop, I can´t access the Injection module.

Also, the car drives and behaves very well, the automatic gearbox goes thru the shift smoothly, until the message appears and it still works fine with the only detail that the gearbox makes the shifts harshly, and the screen in the middle of the dashboard (that is working fine) gets dimmer and lost some lines.

This situation only happens in urban traffic, because I did a few travels with this car, I simply delete the errors and go to the highway, I can go 300 Km without any issues, with no error codes at all, when I return home and start the normal everyday use of the car the error message appears and after being deleted after few kilometers, around 20 or 40 km, the message appears again.

To be honest, being a car almost 20 years old it handles and behaves very well, the only detail is this message on the screen.
Attachments
Screen.jpg
Dash.jpg
VCI 01.jpg
VCI 02.jpg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It is possible that whilst it was at the dealer, that they updated the engine ECU software. If that is the case, then it may mean that the version of Lexia you are using may not be able to read the updated ECU. Just a thought.

Marc
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team

Post by xantia_v6 »

Even if the ECU software is updated to a version that Lexia does not recognise, it should be able to communicate and read the software version.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I mentioned this because there are plenty of occasions where a certain level of software on the diagnostic tool is required before undertaking an operation Mike.

We also know that some VCIs need the firmware downgrading for older cars to be able to read some ECUs. Some people update the VCI for a later car and find it no longer reads an older car. Temporarily downgrading the firmware solves the issue.

Marc
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

Anti pollutant fault is a good one for my little car, 8 forgot to plug the dpf pressure sensor back in , that fault popped up, didn't once plug the maf back in, that popped up too, air pip off the vacuum servo ,same message , so it can point to more than one thing
Husky. :?