MK1 C4P RT4 Aux and USB input?

This unit is the RT4 and RT5 system and is made by Magneti Marelli
Main differences between RT4 & RT5 - RT5 has Bluetooth Hands Free, faster Navigation calculation and on C4 & C4 Picasso only, USB ports and a High-Res screen.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

TawhidAhmed
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: MK2 C4 Grand Picasso Exclusive 1.6 HDI EGS
Volvo V40 R-Design Pro
RCZ GT HDI Facelift

MK1 C4P RT4 Aux and USB input?

Post by TawhidAhmed »

Hello All,

I have recently bought a C4 Grand Picasso with the RT4 Navidrive unit. I was wondering how to add an Aux input and USB to this system. I understand there is an Aux lead that can be bought that plugs into the back of the system, however, it appears this port is already in use! But by what? It seems to be part of the main wiring loom for the nav unit. I am not sure what to do. I have attached some pictures to show the port. The leads I found online are like this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/163875216349 ... SwJshdh13L
IMG_1713.JPG
IMG_1715.JPG
IMG_1716.JPG
IMG_1717.JPG
Thanks!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: MK1 C4P RT4 Aux and USB input?

Post by GiveMeABreak »

On the back of the RT4 unit look Part 'C' in the diagram below. That is where the CD changer port connection would be. So if you don't have anything in there that is where you would connect a USB.
RT4 CD.PNG
In your last photograph below where I have arrowed in Red, I can see a wiring lead at the back with a brown plug - which looks like it may be for the CD Changer (when fitted). The CD Changer is installed in the upper right glovebox storage unit, but was not fitted at factory according to your VIN. SO this may be the pre-wiring for a CD Changer to make it easier to retro-fit later.
RT4 CD B.PNG
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc