Hello from Singapore!

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

harditk

Hello from Singapore!

Post by harditk »

Hi all,
I am member of of aussiefrogs and I get to know this forum from a posting about future closure of the great forum: https://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/index ... st-1711086

Currently I believe I own the one and only registered 504 in Singapore. There's another one that I am aware of but unregistered.
I grew up as a little kid with 504 my father bought new, learned how to drive during my teenage using the same car.
I have lots of good memory of that car.
Last year, after I learned a lot from aussiefrogs forum, I decided to pull a trigger and purchased a 504 as my project car. I am very sad to hear that aussiefrogs may not continue maiontaining the forum.

Hopefully I can also learn a lot from this forum!
Capture.JPG
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Hello from Singapore!

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi and welcome! I lived in Singapore for few years growing up in the 70s - my father was in the military (ANZUK) and we left there just before the SAF took over the task. Loved it and have fond memories - apart from the fact that all the bugs are 20 times the size of everything over here! :-D
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Re: Hello from Singapore!

Post by Gibbo2286 »

My favourite stop over place on my trips to Australia.

My brother served out there in the Royal Signals back in 1950, spent a lot of time replacing telephone cables that the locals had pinched. :)
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new. (Albert Einstein)