Ng4 reverse camera

This unit is the NG4 system, made by Harman Becker.
Main Features: DVD, Voice Commands, HighRes Display, 3D Mapping, Bluetooth Hands Free, Independent Phone with MDS Module, SD Card, USB, Jukebox.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

Mattharris230
My Cars: 97 Ford Fiesta LX 1.4
57 Citroen C4 Cool Hatchback 1.6hdi
08 Citroen C5 X7 SX 2.0hdi tourer
58 Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive 2.0hdi auto tourer
10 Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive 3.0hdi V6 auto tourer (Current)

Ng4 reverse camera

Post by Mattharris230 »

Hi folks,
I have a 2010 Citroen C5 x7 3.0hdi with a ng4 navidrive 3D radio. Is it possible to fit a reversing camera? I have the camera fitted where one of the number plates lights were and plugged temporarily into the video-in input in the glovebox which works fine, but I want it on when I select reverse. I have a caravan with a reversing camera which works via a yellow video cable which will plug into the glove box so if I can have the reverse camera option on if possible that would be great!
Thanks
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Ng4 reverse camera

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Not possible natively Matt. The video source in the glovebox is for peripheral equipment like camcorders, games devices cameras, portable DVD etc. etc. The system is not designed to switch to video using reverse gear not to accept a reversing camera. The unit has a speed sensor so blocks any video when moving at anything over a snails pace.

I have only seen this done using a complete independent unit the size of a brick and with a mass of wiring to get round it and it was not cheap.

I suggest you wire in a separate camera (like you have done in the reversing light housing) and you can get cameras with independent displays that you can replace your internal rear view mirror with and this will show the LCD display in reverse with the reversing line grids.

A member has undertaken this mod, post here:

viewtopic.php?t=52248
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc