2014 C4 Grand Picasso Exclusive Boot not opening.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Paul-R
Donor 2023

Re: 2014 C4 Grand Picasso Exclusive Boot not opening.

Post by Paul-R »

What makes you so sure the existing battery is fine? Has it been recently replaced for instance? If yes, was it the correct battery?
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
sgthirkell

Post by sgthirkell »

Update if it helps anyone. My problem turned out to be the tailgate control module itself.
noworries2004

Post by noworries2004 »

Finally fixed my original issue where one of the boot struts was stuck open and would not close.

I replaced this strut with a second hand one and the boot now opens/closes with the boot button.

However if i use the key fob it opens but will not close correctly and i have to manually close it with a bit of force. Do you have to close it with the Fob as well or can you use the boot button?
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

noworries2004 wrote: 07 Dec 2022, 09:27 Finally fixed my original issue where one of the boot struts was stuck open and would not close.

I replaced this strut with a second hand one and the boot now opens/closes with the boot button.

However if i use the key fob it opens but will not close correctly and i have to manually close it with a bit of force. Do you have to close it with the Fob as well or can you use the boot button?
I wonder if a BSI reset would help here (if you have not already tried the boot reset procedure)?
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
noworries2004

Post by noworries2004 »

Thanks whats the boot reset procedure have not tried it?
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I am NOT certain there is a boot reset procedure for your vehicle, but I have seen threads on this forum where such a procedure has been mentioned. If such a procedure exists for your vehicle it should not take long for a Staff Member to post it here. Failing that, a BSi reset could help.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
noworries2004

Post by noworries2004 »

Hi
2014 GP
I replaced the faulty electric strut and boot was opening with no issues.
However recently the boot is only opening up about 1/3 of the way before 3 short beeps and it stops opening and wont close using the button. I have to manually lift or close the boot.
Also as per attached pictures the left hand side of the boot(passenger side with second hand strut) is not closing correctly(side with replaced electric strut) and i can put my finger in without any problems. On the other side(drivers side with original strut) the boot is tight against the chassis. #

Where are the sensors for the boot so i can check if they are blocked and not opening the boot up fully?
The second hand strut i bought and installed. Do i need to reconfigure or reset this so that its closing correctly?
Attachments
Driver side when boot closed.jpg
Passenger side when boot closed.jpg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

There are 2 forms of obstacle detection:- direct and indirect.

On 7 seater versions, there is a seal that contains the anti pinch sensor strip - this is an upside down U shape and contained in the seal that extends from approx. where the parcel shelf is upwards. This is the direct detection on 7 seaters in addition to the indirect motors described below:

The indirect obstacle detection is determined by the motorised tailgate ECU which senses a peak in the current and stops the action. If this happens manual initialisation is required:

Initialisation of the motorised tailgate:
  • Manual opening of the motorised tailgate (If necessary)
  • Manual closing of the motorised tailgate
The struts are also balancing struts, so if they are not quite right there may be issues especially if one is more 'worn' than the other which may happen with a second hand one.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc