2012 C5 EXCL phone Bluetooth / sim card ?

This unit is the NG4 system, made by Harman Becker.
Main Features: DVD, Voice Commands, HighRes Display, 3D Mapping, Bluetooth Hands Free, Independent Phone with MDS Module, SD Card, USB, Jukebox.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

smarty
My Cars: 2012 Citroen C5 Exclusive with GPS Screen

2012 C5 EXCL phone Bluetooth / sim card ?

Post by smarty »

Hi,
I have just purchased a 2012 C5 Exclusive it might be a limited edition because it has the GPS large screen and sun roof.

First off can I say what a wonderful car. I am extremely happy with it and I can now be described as a loyal Australian Citroen Fan.
My last car was a 2005 Citroen C5 Turbo Diesel 4 speed 2.2 lit.
After 7 years of reliable use I thought it was so good I decided to buy another Citroen and this one and this one is even better.
Very Impressed.

My Question:
The radio has green and red phone icons. Scrolling through the menu options I have not found any bluetooth facility to pair my phone to and I am wondering about how to use the sim card.
Surely I do not have to buy a discrete sim card and set up another phone service on another number for the car????

I have approached my local phone provider (Telstra Australia) and they have informed me I cannot have a second sim card with the same number on it for use in the car.
How do I set up my phone to operate hands free while driving. It seems strange that a truly great car like this does not have the hands free phone situation sorted out.
Or does it?

Smarty
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: 2012 C5 EXCL phone Bluetooth / sim card ?

Post by GiveMeABreak »

We'll need to know exactly what system you have. They are not special editions - it is simply the specification differs from trim level and then there are certain options or packs that can be bought.

I suspect you have the Navidrive 3D system, so if you can confirm this then I can advise you as the systems are very different.
Navidrive 3D NG4.png
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
smarty

Post by smarty »

No it is not the Navidrive 3D.
It does not have the central knob it has 2 knobs spread equidistant on the left and right. The right hand knob adjusts the GPS screen and the left hand knob is the radio. It has a vertical SD sim card holder on the right hand side. The car is not here at the moment or I would get a pic and attach it.
I had some smoke coming out from underneath the bonnet from the back near the window screen. I am having the garage look at it today.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

In that case you must have the RT4 system below:
Navidrive RT45.png
I'm surprised as that was one of the earlier telematics systems that were fitted in 2008 vehicles, but by 2009 they were replaced with the MyWay system, or the premium NG4 system pictured in my last post, then the RT6 came in later (eMyWay).

So if you have this vehicle it must be a late-registered model. The vertical slot is a SIM card slot, not an SD card. The SIM card is required to operate the internal telephone and of course for the emergency call and services functions to operate.

This model has no Bluetooth functionality, which is the reason why you cannot pair it. If you have the vehicle VIN number I can confirm all the factory specs and the actual build date, which can confirm the option you have. So I suspect this is a late registered C5 or more likely, the Head Unit has been changed by a previous owner with the RT4 system which as I said is an early unit only found on the first C5 X7s.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
smarty

Post by smarty »

Thanks Marc,
Sorry for the delay. I appreciate your response.
Yes the pic you have attached is the system installed in my 2012 C5.
The car was exported to Victoria Australia. It is a C5X708 MY12 Exclusive HDi VIN: VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
I have now taken a pic and will attach.
I still love the car, the suspension is absolutely fantastic (even better than my 2005 C5 diesel) but it is a bit sad it has no blue tooth functionality.
The Hydropneumatic suspension of the Citroens will be sadly missed.
I anticipate my next car will be the last model of the C5 diesel namely the 2017. I hope a few of those were exported to Australia.
I will be looking for one in around 5 years.
20201212_080806.jpg
Thanks for your assistance.
Feel free to inform me of anything else I should know about the car.

Regards
Paul G Smart