Petrol fumes from THP engine

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

notrix

Re: Petrol fumes from THP engine

Post by notrix »

xantia_v6 wrote: 16 Jan 2021, 08:03
There is however another twist to this. The pressure accumulator for the lubrication oil has an external hole which allows the position of the diaphragm to be measured, giving an indication of whether the oil chamber has been breached. I have measured this on my faulty pump, and the measurement is 18 mm, which is apparently exactly where it should be. This seems to be a strange coincidence.
How do you measure the diaphragm? I have removed the pump from my DS3 Racing in anticipation of the new pump.

Edit: Mine's at 23mm.. probably a good thing I'm replacing it.
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team

Post by xantia_v6 »

I assume that you have worked it out, but here are some pictures anyway...
IMG_20210815_091421.jpg
IMG_20210815_091428.jpg
notrix

Post by notrix »

Yeah, that's what i figured :)

Where did you find the spec for it? Do you have any URL's?
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team

Post by xantia_v6 »

I saw a youtube video where a new pump was measured, but I don't have a link. I did not know about this until after I had installed my new pump, so did not measure that. I believe that my old pump is OK, and it now measures 19mm, I think the difference from last time I measured it is probably due to the temperature of the oil (it is only about 3° in my garage this morning).
notrix

Post by notrix »

Allright.. I'll compare the old and the new at the same temperature when I get the new one.

Do you still believe you solved the problem with petrol getting into the sump with replacing the pump? I have the same issue with my DS3 Racing and I have a new pump on the way.