just bought 407 sw, does it have bluetooth?

This is the RT3 unit and was made by Magneti Marelli
The RT3 was available in a few different hardware versions, the later ones supporting MP3 playback. These units had an optical connection to the Display Screen.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

marteuk
My Cars: X5 M50D G05, C4 Grand Picasso, Peugeot Boxer Couple other vans

just bought 407 sw, does it have bluetooth?

Post by marteuk »

just bought 407 sw, does it have bluetooth? its 2007 model with sat nav. vin decoder says "RT3" RADIOTELEPHONE SYSTEM owners manual shows how and where to put sim card does that mean that car has phone, but I can't pair my phone with car over Bluetooth? I need it for phone calls
car vin: VF3**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff] as I understand car is equipped with rt3 system? is it enough to download iso file of newer maps and just write it to disk?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: just bought 407 sw, does it have bluetooth?

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No

The RT3 unit is an independent telematics unit and has a built in telephone system that uses a SIM card. There was no bluetooth on this model and you can't add it.

Although it does not have bluetooth (bear in mind that the telematics units were developed years before the car's release), you can use a trick to get the calls coming through to your carphone. I used this on my RT3 in my MK II C5:

Get a compatible SIM card and slot that into the RT3. Then on your mobile phone, create 2 contacts, let's say 'Car Divert' and 'Car Undivert'.
On the 'Car Divert' contact, enter **21* followed by the RT3's SIM card Telephone number and then a #
On the 'Car Undivert' contact enter ##21#
Then when you are going for a spin in the car, just dial the 'Car Divert' on your mobile and all your mobile calls will be diverted to the RT3 telephone so you'll have handsfree for your mobile effectively.

When you leave the car, just hit the 'Car Undivert' option to route calls back to your mobile.

These codes are for Vodafone, but your mobile provider over there will have the same or similar. It's one way of being able to take calls on your mobile without bluetooth or fitting any unsightly third party devices.

You have voice commands on the RT3 too, so you can use this to dial contacts stored on the RT3.

As for the maps - these were all supplied on CDs, depending on the country you wanted - you insert the correct CD - there is no hard disk on these.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
marteuk
My Cars: X5 M50D G05, C4 Grand Picasso, Peugeot Boxer Couple other vans

Post by marteuk »

what about upgrading to newer unit?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

They are not the same fitment - later PSA models had the RT4 (RT3EV) / and RT5 - and it depends on your electrical architecture. These are heavily integrated into the car's systems. The later units were completely redesigned so you may have some issues and may also need to remove an change the display as well. It also depends on your electronic architecture as to what you can fit as the RT3 units had a VAN or CAN multiplexed system not interchangeable.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc