L' Xagone Citroen Challenge 2019

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

mtxm

L' Xagone Citroen Challenge 2019

Post by mtxm »

This is just to sound out interest as I am hoping to attend the event next year and now looking for one or possibly two companions! The driving holiday around the circumference of France is being organized by the excellent Phil Chidlow of CCC X and Chevron rally fame will take place between Thursday 17th and Tuesday 28th October 2019 (excluding crossings). I participated in the 2015 and 2017 trips very ably assisted by Russ Wallis (15) and Steve Delasal (17) and both were brilliant experiences. The 2019 Challenge is basically a re-run of the original BXagone and like the original will endeavour to raise funds for worthy causes. Around 2,500-3,000 miles are expected to be covered and depending on the numbers involved, type of accommodation booked and catering I would expect to budget around £1,500. At this stage I also attach a crude route map that I have prepared, based on Phil's itinerary and the main journey way-points. Please do let me know if you are interested and/or have any queries and I plan to take my 1992 V6 sei auto with reconditioned gearbox and fresh MoT! With regards, Matthew T.
Attachments
L Xagone map.jpg
1989 XM V6 exclusive - Meteor Grey
1990 XM V6 sei auto - Platinum
1990 XM V6 sei - Champagne
1991 XM V6-24v - Platinum
1991 XM V6.24 Pallas - Black
1992 XM V6 sei auto - Cobalt
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
Location: Live & work in London but weekend in Devon (or do I now live in Torbay & work in London?)
My Cars: Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club (quietly sleeping in a parallel universe)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate
others:-
'96 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the "donor"
'99 Jeep Cherokee Orvis - the green one
'97 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the red one
'99 Cadillac Seville STS
'96 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
& numerous what might be described as abandoned projects!

Re: L' Xagone Citroen Challenge 2019

Post by van ordinaire »

Could be fun, it is perhaps too long since I spent any length of time en France.

However, much would depend on my son, the navigator & I think, even after a couple of 1,000 miles around India in an old Hindustan Ambassador taxi in 2014 & (ostensibly) the Ho Chi Min trial in ex-USAF (i.e. abandoned) MUTT, he might blanche at going round France in the C15.
Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club :cry:
'05 C15 :!:
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate [-o<
others:-
Jeep XJ Cherokees x 3 :?
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
'99 Cadillac STS :|
& the numerous "abandoned projects" #-o