Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Forum maintenance Friday 04/05/2018 Completed

Post by xantia_v6 »

On Friday morning this site will be off-line for a period of approximately 2 hours for the purpose of moving (again) to a new server. The work will commence after 8:30 am UK time and be completed as quickly as possible.

About 8 months ago we moved to the current hosting company due to the previous (reliable) hosting company not having a suitable upgrade package available for us at a competitive price. The company we are currently with has good performance on paper, but in practice it has been awful, with one problem after another and almost continuous poor performance of the forum software (slow page loading times). Over this period I have had to do complete re-installations of the site software on 4 or 5 occasions due to problems with the hosting company's hardware or software configuration. After what should have been the final move two weeks ago, we have found that the server is badly overloaded, and only giving about half of the processing power that we are paying for.

We are now moving to a different hosting company and tests over a couple of weeks indicate that their server performance is actually as good as they promise.
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Re: Forum maintenance Friday 04/05/2018

Post by xantia_v6 »

The Forum transfer has been completed, and everything should be working correctly.
Reply here if you notice any issues.