Kangoo 1.9D Lucas Epic problems

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ivica01
My Cars: Kangoo 1.9D, 2001. 65PS
Once had Traffic '86. 1.7i, converted to 2.1d

Kangoo 1.9D Lucas Epic problems

Post by ivica01 »

Hi everyone,
I am having problems with my Kangoo D65 2001. with EPIC LUCAS pump.
Idle RPMs are fluctuating in erratic manner.
When cold RPMs are fine but if I allow engine to heat up on the driveway it will be ok for half a minute than RPMs increase than returns back to normal. This process repeats its self few times. I noticed if I press brake pedal, RPMs returns to normal, but it is not allways the case, also, in winter cold there is no throttle response. If I turn the engine off and back on I get response and revs up.
Engine warning light and glow plugs light are allways on.
While driving, if I press throttle to the max I get slugish acceleration.
Sometimes everything is fine and car speeds up very nice and is a joy to drive.
Injectors are checked and are fine, wiring was tested by electrician and nothing was found. I replaced speed sensor as it was faulty, pedal sensor was tested with multimeter and I found no fault.
This behaviour is making me crazy. I even consider swaping this electronic to totally mechanic pump from Bosch.
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Re: Kangoo 1.9D Lucas Epic problems

Post by xantia_v6 »

You might find some useful hints in the posts linked from http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/a ... itesearch=

Air leaks and fuel filter seem to be the things to look for.
ivica01
My Cars: Kangoo 1.9D, 2001. 65PS
Once had Traffic '86. 1.7i, converted to 2.1d

Post by ivica01 »

I thought that it had something to do with fuel delivery so I replaced fuel filter. Fuel lines are transparent so I can be sure that there is no air in there.
Would visual inspection of the actuators when removed from pump would do any good? Maybe to check their movement if they are spring loaded?
It seemed to me that the problem was in connection to the engine temperature so I replaced temp sensor but nothing happened.
Engine warning light and glow plug light buggs me. Sometimes glow plug light is off when the engine is running but after few minutes light comes on and rpms increase. It looks like the rpms are directly linked to glow plug light....
JGauld
New User
My Cars: Renault kangoo 1.9d 2001

Post by JGauld »

Hi, did you ever find a solution to the problem? I have the same issue for the same model.
riffraff
My Cars: Renault Clio 2 mk1 1.9d
Discovery 2 td5

Post by riffraff »

Hi, new member here.
The glowplug light is also the injection warning light which will illuminate for a number of known reasons as stated in the Renault Lucas Epic special notes.
My vehicle a 1.9d clio is doing the same things almost exactly and the fault being logged is the throttle position sensor track 2 (and occasionally track 1 ).
On my vehicle it's located under the battery on the end of the accelerator cable and I have checked it out to be faulty.
It does modify the engine rpm if a track fails or is inconsistent it will also throw the engine into a sort of limp mode with some very percular behaviour when both fail !