Haynes Musuem RARE BREEDS day....Sunday 4th Sep 2016

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Haynes Musuem RARE BREEDS day....Sunday 4th Sep 2016

Post by Stickyfinger »

Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Haynes Musuem RARE BREEDS day....Sunday 4th Sep 2016

Post by CitroJim »

Yours definitely qualifies for that Alasdair!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

applied....got to try and show the flag to the great unwashed
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

They will more than likely laugh their tits off at the "old Xantia" wanting to mix it with the Super Duper Auto's Jim despite the info about it sent :)

It will be interesting to see how they think/react to the audacity/cheek of just applying

in for a penny in for a pound :)

Sunday 7th Sep 2014 - Sunday 7th Sep 2014

Venue: Haynes International Motor Museum

The Rare Breeds Motor Show is open to all vehicles that are rare or unique.

What constitutes ‘rare’ is difficult to define, but after talking to the owners you can discover why this is the case. We are happy to have entries from all makes of cars, bikes, trucks, busses etc… Anything on wheels which has an engine and the owners class as ‘rare’ are welcome.

Over the six years that the show has been running we have discovered a huge number of vehicles and numerous reasons for describing vehicles as rare. At this year’s event we had a 1920’s BSA which was discovered in a garage and arrived at the show on a trailer being pulled by a vintage tractor. The car was completely unrestored, as it had been found and the owner brought it along hopefully to get advice from other owners as to restoration. We have had the only one left that is rust free! We have had cars from films, including ‘ KIT’ - the Delorean - complete with talking dashboard, the Scooby Doo Mystery machine and various others.

Old emergency services vehicles also attend and hopefully, next year, we will have a 1929 fire engine amongst the line-up. This year we have also had entries from a 2000 Unimog Expedition vehicle.

Several car clubs also attend with cars which were produced in small numbers and find the show a great venue to meet and to show off their prized vehicles.

In past years we have had exhibitions on the Museum test track by the 500 Owners Club and a group of 1950’s stock cars which we hope to repeat next year.

The show also features several competitions throughout the day; the self-judged concurs competition where owners get the chance to select their favourite car, the Curator’s Choice, Spirit of the Event, and a prize for the furthest travelled.

There is a Cream Tea Run organised in the afternoon, participants can partake in a short or long run out of the Museum which lasts approximately 1 hour before returning to the Museum where they take part in a parade around the test track with a commentary.
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
holmedog
My Cars:

Post by holmedog »

They may laugh at first until they realise how much the car has help evolve the car industry today with more and more cars using some kind of hydraulic system either it be for suspension, braking or whatever.
I think they should feel honoured to have such an example as yours there.you have done wonders with that machine of yours Alasdair.
I wish I was able to come and see it for myself but circumstances will not allow unfortunately.
Gun Metal Grey Activa turbo,R.I.P. Gone to scrap yard in the sky and jims garage
Blue Activa from dr.madvibe
Silver Activa lost soul
holmedog
My Cars:

Post by holmedog »

Viva le revolution.
Gun Metal Grey Activa turbo,R.I.P. Gone to scrap yard in the sky and jims garage
Blue Activa from dr.madvibe
Silver Activa lost soul
BW
My Cars: Xantia V6
2cv Special

Post by BW »

At the recent icccr I entered my Xantia in the concours, fully expecting it to be rejected in the initial cull to 100 cars in the company of some of the vintage exotica there.
In the event only 97 applied, so we were in. The biggest surprise came when the judges selected it for the final 25. They said that they realised the increasing rarity of the Xantia V6 and what a marvellous car they are. Mine is just an exclusive so your Activa V6 is definitely an important "rare breed".
1985 2cv
2000 Xantia V6
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Thanks for the kind words chaps....looking forward to telling 90% of people just why this crappy old Xantia (newish as well) is there :)
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

BW wrote:At the recent icccr I entered my Xantia in the concours, fully expecting it to be rejected in the initial cull to 100 cars in the company of some of the vintage exotica there.
In the event only 97 applied, so we were in. The biggest surprise came when the judges selected it for the final 25. They said that they realised the increasing rarity of the Xantia V6 and what a marvellous car they are. Mine is just an exclusive so your Activa V6 is definitely an important "rare breed".
How many Xantia were at the ICCCR ?

gj on the last 25 !
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
BW
My Cars: Xantia V6
2cv Special

Post by BW »

Don't know how many Xantias were there, but certainly very few compared to the many DS, CX and even BX.
I did meet some very enthusiastic Dutch Xantia owners and some of the concours judges certainly realised that Xantias are becoming rare and are special.
1985 2cv
2000 Xantia V6