Citroen ZX: Replacing heater panel bulbs

This is an ARCHIVE of common fixes. Material for this section should be submitted to an Admin or Moderator for approval then inclusion.

Moderator: RichardW

Citroen ZX: Replacing heater panel bulbs

Post by Guest »

Originally posted by B Draper
I found I had to take off the following in this order - I may be wrong in places as it was a while ago!
Leg Side vents next to centre console,
Ash Tray - there are bolts behind this,
Centre Console around handbrake,
Radio - you'll need to disconnect this,
Unit comprising of the centre airvents above the radio down to the plastic which is located behide the ash tray
Unscrew and slightly move the control panel but DO NOT bother to disconnect the wires/cables at the back as I did! Just prise off the front and you should be able to change the bulbs!!
Basically follow the Haynes manual up to the point where it tells you about removing the bulbs behind the unit. Here Haynes are wrong..
What you should do is get a couple of flat screwdrivers and carefully insert them in to the front of the panel between the edges. Then carefully use the screwdrivers to release to prise the front of the panel in and you should be able to remove the front panel. Once you've done this you should be easily be able to see the bulbs. I'd recommend changing them all so you don't have to do this palaver again in a few weeks time! All that is left is to piece your car back together again
Hope this helps