PSA NAC RCC Updates

This is the Connected NAV system.
Main Features: It is a fully integrated Telematics System featuring CarPlay, Android Auto, Real Time Services, Voice Commands, High-Res Display, 3D Navigation, Bluetooth Hands Free & USB. 2 versions of the system are available NAC (Navigation Audio Connectée) and RCC (Radio Couleur Connectée) or Connected Colour Radio, which does not have the Integrated Navigation or Live Services.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: PSA NAC RCC Updates

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Timppa72 wrote: 03 May 2024, 19:01 No need for firmaware. I got it from my dealer free of charge.
Sorry, I missed your post. If you have everything, then fine, :wink:
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Timppa72

Post by Timppa72 »

I was wondering did I ask somehow funny... But now it's ok. Firmware update was successful.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No, I just missed the post! :)

Marc
StAvelox

Post by StAvelox »

Hello Marc,

I just got my C5 Aircross Shine and want to upgrade a few things like autonomous drive, half-auto park etc. But the most I wanted is navigation. As per I learn from googling it's possible to with replacing unit from RCC to NAC one but I'm not sure what my unit is. Is there anyway to check it online? Also system version says (44.07.05.22_NAC-r0) I think it may NAC version already but maybe this is only for software naming and not for the unit. But when I exported files, there mentioned like below:

Package: ovip-int-firmware-version
Version: 44.07.05.22_NAC-r0
Architecture: armv7a
Installed-Time: 563

Package: map-eur
Version: 14.0.0-r0
Architecture: armv7a

So I understand from it, there is already preinstalled Map but need to update or complete to installation. So I downloaded version 16 but when try to install, after starting, it gives error and closing the installation. I'm not sure if I get error due to it needs license or my unit is not NAC one.

Here is my VIN: VR7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Could you please provide me license in case if I need that. Also is that license useful for later updates too or will I need new one for each manual update?

I also would welcome to a few tips regarding unit replacing like which unit (part code) may I need if needed to replace it.

Thanks in advanced.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I can't provide you with information for equipment that your vehicle is not fitted with.

Your system is unusual (maybe a Turkey-specific issue) as you already have the Connected Navigation (NAC) system, but it specifies no Satellite Navigation. So not sure why this would be, but we have seen some issues here with Turkish members having issues with their systems in Turkey. Maybe this is to do with the connected services agreement or an issue with the a communications network problem that PSA servers can't use in Turkey.

Confirmed: When attempting to retrieve Firmware or Licence details for your vehicle there is no data being returned, so not available unfortunately.

Marc
StAvelox

Post by StAvelox »

In this case, If I replace my unit with another NAC one that I'm sure it has navigation or brand new NAC that sold as spare part, Can I start to use navigation after coded it with my VIN? or would my VIN also prevent me using navigation on new unit? Any idea?

Btw in Turkey, there are Shine Bold versions of car which comes with Navigation. So I don't think there is issues related agreement or license things. Maybe it's especially blocked on Shine models since it's different price tag from Shine Bold one. Either way; I need to unlock if mine is already NAC (from your say I understand that mine is NAC version) or replace it to not locked one. But most important thing is, if I replace it, new unit will work with my VIN or not, I need to know that because units are kinda expensive.

Thanks
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I can't advise on that sorry.

See my post here on Connected Services (viewtopic.php?p=724177#p724177) - there are some restrictions in Turkey from the table, but not sure why you would have a NAC unit fitted which by default has Navigation, when they could of fitted an RCC that does not? Why fit NAC then disable it? Maybe you can ask your dealership first to find out the reason.

My personal feelings are that:
1) It has NAC, so is capable of Navigation.
2) GPS Satellites cannot exclude Turkey, so no reason not to get a signal.
3) If you were to replace the unit with one from a different country, you would of course have to change the VIN in the BSI.
4) This assumes there are no other parameters that need coding that have disabled it.

Having said that, to be honest, you would be better off with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto and use one of their Nav apps. Sygic Navigation for example is far superior to the factory fitted Tom Tom system, and is far more accurate, far more up to date with monthly map updates and for the Premium version with live traffic, speed cameras and all the other features that they have is only about £15 (UK) a year!

That is what I use, and I prefer that over the built in Sat Nav, trust me it's miles ahead.

Marc
StAvelox

Post by StAvelox »

Thanks a lot for tips. But I love the how navigation shown on speedometer screen. And there is no way to mirror any navigation apps to there other than factory build one. It shows the road which pretty much like minimap on racing games. And it's so useful at night drivings, so for that I don't need to turn my head to multimedia screen.
I'll try to remove side plastics to be sure if it's NAC or RCC. I only hope they installed NAC software to RCC so I can be sure If I replace it with NAC, I won't have issues.

Thanks again.
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 07 May 2024, 21:48, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed Previous Post Quote
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

From your VIN it is shown as NAC in specifications - BUT, when I check for the part, there are no Head Units shown at all (and I mean the actual telematic unit fitted behind the dash, not the screen), which is again weird as they are not specifying it..... no NAC, no RCC, nothing!

Marc
THAPPY

Re: Firmware Update Error after trying to update firmware - NAC

Post by THAPPY »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 19:43 Can you post up your VIN for me (automasked on post submission) so I can check the correct version.

You cannot mix the versions of firmware for different vehicles and versions of the NAC Head Units - it will cause errors, but I'll have a better idea of what you should have - when you provide the C4 Picasso VIN which I assume is what you are trying to update.
Hello, I am a user from China. When I upgraded the NAC system for my 2017 Citroen C5 1.8t, there was a problem of incompatibility between the version and the hardware. Can you help me solve it? My VIN: LDCA13542H2034371, I got it from the car The configuration file exported from the machine is: instkey_0D01200B99D4E6FDF28F.xml
My current version is 22.06.17.42-NAC-R0
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Sorry, but I can only assist European and some other countries with this. C5s in China are a completely different vehicle to the European models that were discontinued back in 2016 and were never fitted with NAC or RCC units.

You have a specific version of the hardware which we cannot provide Map or Firmware versions for in Europe, as the database does not provide these updates for Chinese versions of PSA vehicles. You'll have to discuss how to get an update via the Citroen App (if they provide one for you) or your nearest Citroen dealership.

Best of Luck.

Marc
THAPPY

Post by THAPPY »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 10 May 2024, 09:12 Sorry, but I can only assist European and some other countries with this. C5s in China are a completely different vehicle to the European models that were discontinued back in 2016 and were never fitted with NAC or RCC units.

You have a specific version of the hardware which we cannot provide Map or Firmware versions for in Europe, as the database does not provide these updates for Chinese versions of PSA vehicles. You'll have to discuss how to get an update via the Citroen App (if they provide one for you) or your nearest Citroen dealership.

Best of Luck.
thank you
Trinitysinz

Post by Trinitysinz »

VR7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
Hi there 👋
I have a C5X and the software of media is not updated or it does not receive updates.
Any update file and how to install will be appreciated. Regards!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi

The system in your C5X has direct updates via on-board WiFi as you have an IVI system. I can't retrieve these separately as I'm only providing NAC / RCC updates for those with problems at present.

Marc
Trinitysinz

Post by Trinitysinz »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 10 May 2024, 22:57 Hi

The system in your C5X has direct updates via on-board WiFi as you have an IVI system. I can't retrieve these separately as I'm only providing NAC / RCC updates for those with problems at present.
Hey! Hmm very weird, my car dealer is asking for a tomtom maps and media software update 150€ and i find it a bit expensive for just an update.
Since i bought the car no updates has come, for example the maps are since 2020 installed. Not sure what to do.