C3 Picasso Oil and Filter...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

C3 Picasso Oil and Filter...

Post by CitroJim »

I need to give my Picasso an oil and filter change... DV6 engine with DPF and SCR...

Grateful for recommendations on what oil to go for and where to obtain same, along with filters without having to travel too far and/or subject myself to any stress. Planning to do the job next week...

I'd prefer to order on-line but could do a trip to or local Halfrauds if they do anything suitable... Keen not to get ripped off or end up with fakes...

VIN is VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Thanks all :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
PaulC5
Donor 2024

Re: C3 Picasso Oil and Filter...

Post by PaulC5 »

Oil filters and sump plug washers I always get from the Citroen dealer, the filter may be a bit dearer than elsewhere but will be correct and the washers are always cheaper there. The correct Total oil I get on-line through ebay and last few times from TMS Autoparts. The C5 uses Total INEO ECS 5w-30 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183939151916 ... Sw-NZiQtRJ
The Cactus uses Total INEO First 0w-30, again bought from TMS
RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Post by RichardW »

You might as well use the correct Total oil, Jim, it's not outrageous bought on line somewhere. Have you got a service schedule for it? Ours uses the 0W-30, which is pretty much like water! Filters are widely available, as long as it's a branded one it should be OK - note that most now come with 2 O rings - one is square seal for pre Euro 6 engines, and a round one for E6 engines, not sure why, and whether it would really make an difference, but you might as well fit the right one. 27mm socket needed to remove the filter lid. If you've not done a DV6 before, the filter will come out with the lid and needs a good wiggle to free it from the lid. When refitting, put the filter in the housing first, and make sure the spigot on the bottom engages with the hole in the housing (at about 7 o'clock), then screw the lid on - it's a bit awkward to get it started as you need to push it through the top of the filter, and the thread is very fine.

Servicebox says: Oil EM:00W30 B71 2312 - 00W30 B71 2312 (C1C2) which I think TOTAL INEO first as Paul listed above. PSA part no for the oil filter is 16 106 937 80, seem to remember I bought a genuine one from e-bay last time at about 50% of the genuine price (£18.54).
Richard W
PaulC5
Donor 2024

Post by PaulC5 »

Good points about fitting the filter into the housing first with the filter spigot in the hole. I have fit it first to the lid a couple of times and it is then tricky to get it lined up so the spigot goes in the hole but when fit to the housing first it is easier. If the spigot has broken off the old filter make sure you remove it from the hole. I found a screwdriver can be used to help lever off the old filter from the lid since it is held quite tight.
Last year a filter was £18.10 and the washer £1.50 from the dealer.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Post by RichardW »

Also worth noting that the sump is tiny - official capacity is only 3.75 litres, but I generally find that 3.5 is plenty, so you get 3 changes out of 10 litres! Don't be too hasty filling it up, or it will end up well overfull....
Richard W
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Thanks all :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
shtu
Donor 2023

Post by shtu »

Oil - Mannol-brand oil via Carousel Car Parts on eBay is often spectacularly cheap, so much so you could halve the change intervals and still come out ahead. eg, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304685576391

Filters - I've bought a lot of parts lately from "carpartsinmotion", again via ebay. A Bosch oil filter from them was about a tenner.
PaulC5
Donor 2024

Post by PaulC5 »

Citroen specify a low SAPS oil, the Mannol one says it is mid SAPS technology so might not be quite good enough.
shtu
Donor 2023

Post by shtu »

Ahh, these pesky c-ratings.

If it genuinely does need low-SAPS, C1 or C4 is required. On my early-ish DV6, C2 spec is OK.

Incidentally, C1 spec was withdrawn by ACEA in 2021, although the spec is till widely mentioned. When it actually vanishes from packaging, broadly speaking a C4 spec should be suitable.
xsara92

Post by xsara92 »

The Total oil range has been stocked at Halfords recently. I paid only £35 for 5 litres of the correct one
shtu
Donor 2023

Post by shtu »

CitroJim wrote: 07 May 2024, 11:52 I need to give my Picasso an oil and filter change... DV6 engine with DPF and SCR.
Would be worth feeding your model details through this - https://totalenergies.co.uk/lub-advisor

I tried every option for a 2015 diesel (guessed the year), and all 3 engine options came back with a C2-grade oil. https://total-cdn-lmdb.afineo.io/tdsV2/ ... 7BJ_EN.pdf
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Thanks all for the valuable information. I'm all sorted now :D
Jim