ds5 SMEG6.1.D.R20

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

skragamuffin

ds5 SMEG6.1.D.R20

Post by skragamuffin »

hi all sorry if this has been covered before but im looking at getting a DS5 with the above mentioned smeg unit in it. are these updateable by any chance and if so how and where can i be looking for newer firmware also what additional features will it have
many thanks in advance
Paul
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: ds5 SMEG6.1.D.R20

Post by GiveMeABreak »

There are 2 variations of the SMEG unit hardware, the earlier version and the later version.

Only the later version will support CarPlay (no Android Auto), as long as it is on at least software version 6.4_D_R20.

Have a look at my post here for the features of both.

Difference between SMEG & SMEG+

The system is out of date now, but you can still purchase maps from the Citroen Navigation website. The unit is no longer updated firmware-wise as it's an older system now. Most if not all the bugs were ironed out over it's service life.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

Where does SMEG+ IV2 fit in with that comparison? The OP has this system judging by his firmware version.

Does this still equate to two versions or should that be revised to three versions?
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

SMEG+ and SMEG+ IV2 are the same as far as I can see - in some documents they use both names interchangeably Paul.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc