C5 firmware

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

andyjm66

C5 firmware

Post by andyjm66 »

Hi all....I'm new here so bear with me. I have just got a c5 tourer and have been trying to update the firmware for the radio/ nav system. The only way I have found to do this so far is thru citroen website but that is for maps and they want to lighten my pocket by 85 quid. Am I looking at the right thing or is there something else I should be looking for.
Thanks in advance
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: C5 firmware

Post by GiveMeABreak »

For this model this is where you obtain the maps:

https://citroen.navigation.com/home/en_ ... enEMEA/GBP

If a firmware upgrade is required it can be ordered from the dealer on USB or CD depending on the system you have.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

I'm assuming that you have the eMyWay (RT6) system as your car year is close to mine.

The map data downloads are available as a legal download for anyone. Europe maps used to be updated twice a year but as of 2024 will no longer be updated. The links below are the final releases.

2022-1 Maps. This contains the final updates for Central Europe, Eastern Europe North East. Scandinavia, South East Europe and Eastern Europe North West.
https://psa.download.navigation.com/aut ... 1-2001.ZIP

2023-1 Maps. This contains the final updates for Italy, France, Spain/Portugal, Benelux, United_Kingdom and Germany ONLY. NO other areas.
https://psa.download.navigation.com/aut ... 3-2001.ZIP

I will send a PM to you regarding what to do next.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
andyjm66

Post by andyjm66 »

Awesome... thankyou
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I would strongly advise you not to update your firmware unless essential. Be warned that depending on the existing version you originally have, if it is earlier than V2.86, then there is a high risk that updating it may leave your vehicle with half the options missing and in an unconfigured state.

Before you update your firmware, read my guide here to back up the user settings following Part A of the Mirascripts part only, This will at least ensure you have a copy of the user data files before hand.

viewtopic.php?t=63227
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

@andyjm66

You don't appear to have opened my PM.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
andyjm66

Post by andyjm66 »

Paul-R wrote: 06 May 2024, 12:51 @andyjm66

You don't appear to have opened my PM.
i will....i had a migraine which knocked me about a bit