Diagbox Offline Update not Working

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

G12

Diagbox Offline Update not Working

Post by G12 »

Hello Folks,

I've had this computer for years that has been working, however I tried to connect to a newer C4 Vactus and was experiencing problems, so attempted to Offline update it. I've now got the error as seen in the picture. Please advise on how I fix this. Thanks
Attachments
20240430_190948.jpg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Diagbox Offline Update not Working

Post by GiveMeABreak »

This all depends on how you updated it? What version was it on to start with and what update version did you try and install?
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
G12

Post by G12 »

Hi, It was on Version 07.62 and I successfully updates it to 07.66 then tried to backdate it, and I'll be honest I've lost exactly where it is at now as I can't launch it.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Looks like it has deactivated. You'll probably need to locate your backup licence file and copy that over the current one.

If you've applied the update, restarted the system, the update should apply after it restarts when launched again.

Marc
G12

Post by G12 »

Evening, Thanks for your input so far. Would it he something in this file structure? Please could you advise how I do it. Thank you
Attachments
20240430_210944.jpg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Your backup licence is called: APPDIAG.SYS

You need to copy the backup taken of this file after you originally installed and activated Diagbox from wherever you backed it up to on your laptop and restore it to the following location:

c:\awroot\bin\fi\

and overwrite the destination file if prompted.

Then restart the laptop and try launching Diagbox. If it does not launch with an error, then the last update applied has not been installed correctly and needs to be reinstalled.

Marc
G12

Post by G12 »

I've done a full search of my system and can't find the backup file, just the actual one. Do I have any other options? Cheers.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Try reinstalling the update again (the latest version you attempted previously) making sure you install it correctly:
Apply update and restart computer (do not try and launch Diagbox again after the update)
When computer restarts, launch Diagbox - the update will apply itself.
Wait until it has finished.

If this doesn't work, and the programme has deactivated, then without your licence file you will have to uninstall the whole programme, clean up all files and folders created, and the registry entries and reinstall from scratch.

The APPDIAG.SYS file is unique to each installation as it uses hardware identifier codes from your system to create a unique licence - so obtaining one from somebody else will not work.

Marc
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

Just to be completely clear, you, as the program installer, have to make the copy of APPDIAG.SYS for your own benefit in the future. It doesn't happen automatically. Instructions for doing this are normally included with the Diagbox kit when you buy it and there are videos on YouTube on how to do this.

I've had to copy the backup APPDIAG.SYS over the program's APPDIAG.SYS quite a few times so it's not a theoretical thing.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​