[FIXED] P1352 FAULT

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

pablo95

[FIXED] P1352 FAULT

Post by pablo95 »

Hello everyone
I would like you share with you my adventure with the fault code P1352, a VERY tricky faul and very common on Peugeot-Citroens.
The diagnostic tool shows fault on glowplugs or glowplugs relay. After searching the whole internet, i found nothing!
I found people who had the same fault code as me, they changed glowplugs, they changed the relay but the fault remained.
I checked the glowplugs with mutlimeter and they looked good :?
Guess what? I changed glowplugs and relay and the fault code still remained. :oops:
My old glowplugs were working perfectly (tested them after removing them)
So if you have this fault code, before changing anything on the car, firstly check:
1) the glowplugs cables which are behind the airbox (sometimes the airbox is wearing out the cables)
2) chech the connector of the relay plug for corrosion
3) CHECK THE EARTH POINT MM01

I solved my problem by removing the MM01 earth point, cleaned it with contact spray and oiled it with contact oil and put it back and tighened it good.
This solved my problem after 3 months of check engine.
I think this happened after a mechanic changed the thermostat and probably he did something wrong there.

I made a video of the location:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_HPmiJR8wM

Admin Note: Image links invalid due to third party image hosting site issues, so links removed
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: [FIXED] P1352 FAULT

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Thanks for the update.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
dliappis

Post by dliappis »

Many thanks for this, it solved my problem (P1352 fault) exactly!

Same like you it happened after a regular service where the thermostat housing needed change (leak). Interestingly enough, the process of changing the thermostat doesn't involve removing this ground cable, it was just jolted I guess.

After inspection it had lots of corrosion, with some cleaning and contact spray it got sorted.

Noteworthy is that when the glow plugs/prewarming circuit doesn't work there maybe faults related to the dpf filter and anti pollution.
pablo95

Post by pablo95 »

dliappis wrote: 12 Mar 2022, 13:24 Many thanks for this, it solved my problem (P1352 fault) exactly!

Same like you it happened after a regular service where the thermostat housing needed change (leak). Interestingly enough, the process of changing the thermostat doesn't involve removing this ground cable, it was just jolted I guess.

After inspection it had lots of corrosion, with some cleaning and contact spray it got sorted.

Noteworthy is that when the glow plugs/prewarming circuit doesn't work there maybe faults related to the dpf filter and anti pollution.

to remove the thermostat, you have to remove the big plastic thing which holds all the cables in there, so to remove this plastic thing, you have to remove the earth point
Manix3008
New User

Post by Manix3008 »

Thank you so much, finally this fault is gone. And thanks to the pics they help a lot.
pablo95

Post by pablo95 »

IMAGES WHERE DELETED SO IM UPLOADING AGAIN

Here some pictures to understand the location:
Pab1.jpg
pab 2.jpg
pab 3.jpg
pab 4.jpg
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 07 Apr 2022, 10:02, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Uploaded Images to Forum
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

@pablo95

We don't recommend using a third party image hosting site for the very reason you have found! If there is an issue with the site or they delete your images then they are deleted here. There is no need to use an image hosting site, just upload them here using the Full Editor & Preview button below, then click attachments, browse to the images on your phone or PC and then place them where you want.

I am going to do this for the images above so the same thing doesn't happen again....

Marc
Rafik

Post by Rafik »

Hello Poblo. I have a citroen c3 from 2011 1,4HDi when Its cold it starts fast, but sometimes when Its hot, Its takes about 5-6 sec to start i have try chance the battery not helping, i got that failcode p1352, and a DPF comes sometimes in the display, i can't find the cable you takling about
Baker2022

Post by Baker2022 »

Hi poblo, what was the outcome of your problem? Iv had same issue with my van
Clark

Post by Clark »

Hello, thank you very much for sharing this information. I have a same issue, but my bolt of EARTH POINT MM01 is missing.
Does anyone knows characteristics of it? Thank you
Partner 16hdi

Post by Partner 16hdi »

Good afternoon. Did you ever get an answer to this?
My bolt is missing too! 🤦🏼‍♂️ Hoping this excellent thread will get my van starting again.
Dustysweeper
Donor 2023

Post by Dustysweeper »

Stupid me never put that screw back in after I dropped it and just cable tied the loom it was holding. I didn't realise this is a grounding point.

Thank you for this thread....🖖
Clark

Post by Clark »

Hello All,

Thank you pablo95 for raising this topic.

So, by putting my missing EARTH POINT MM01 bolt (fyi, it has 6mm diameter) - the issue was not resolved. Only the thing I got was that my error in the scanning device went from intermittent to permanent (already something :) ). But the issue still exists, my relay seems to be a new, no corrosion observed. The glow plugs are new as well.

Does anyone has an electric diagram of this part (relay, glow plugs, etc) ?

Thank you!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

This fault is relates to the pre-heating circuit. Pablo95's issue may not be the same as yours. The fault means there is an issue with either the glow plugs (may need replacing), or the control unit, or the electrical connections to them / earths. It has to be one of these.

Just because a component 'looks' new or has no signs of corrosion, doesn't mean it isn't faulty.

You need to check the following:
1) Check the continuity and insulation of the electrical harnesses between the pre-heat glow plugs and the pre-heat unit
2) Check the continuity and insulation of the electrical harness between the pre-heat unit and the engine management ECU
3) If the first two checks are ok, then the last check is the glow plugs themselves, which means removing them and applying a 12V supply to each and seeing if the plug goes red. If it doesn't, then the glow plug (s) need replacing.

Marc
Clark

Post by Clark »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 29 Apr 2024, 11:24 This fault is relates to the pre-heating circuit. Pablo95's issue may not be the same as yours. The fault means there is an issue with either the glow plugs (may need replacing), or the control unit, or the electrical connections to them / earths. It has to be one of these.

Just because a component 'looks' new or has no signs of corrosion, doesn't mean it isn't faulty.

You need to check the following:
1) Check the continuity and insulation of the electrical harnesses between the pre-heat glow plugs and the pre-heat unit
2) Check the continuity and insulation of the electrical harness between the pre-heat unit and the engine management ECU
3) If the first two checks are ok, then the last check is the glow plugs themselves, which means removing them and applying a 12V supply to each and seeing if the plug goes red. If it doesn't, then the glow plug (s) need replacing.
Hello, thank you for your reply. Yeah, it's true about 'looks.' Good points, thank you. I will go through with the first two options, as I have already changed my glow plugs after verifying the old ones, and they were okay.