Dispatch IV Additive Pump

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bobo1987

Dispatch IV Additive Pump

Post by bobo1987 »

Hi Marc

I'm new to the forum. Struggling with the additive pump also. Can you by any chance get the diagram like the one you provided for C4 II, just for 2016+ Jumpy (VIN
VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]) this time. Got a new tank (with pump OE), programmed, level set, tried through engine ECU, BSI, still getting errors. Just to rule out the wiring.

Best regards
Matt
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Re: Dispatch IV Additive Pump

Post by Paul-R »

What are you using to try to set the level? Hopefully Diagbox and, if so, what version?
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
bobo1987

Post by bobo1987 »

Unfortunately not. The car was hooked up to several different diagnostic tools (four, to be precise). All behaved differently. Only last one claiming successful programming with current error (Autel MaxiDAS). Still can't clear the error though.

The car visited two different mechanics struggling with it. The one I visit usually successfully filled the tank some time ago, because it was almost empty, reset the level (I can't get him on the phone at the moment to ask what diagnostic tool he used then), ran the test, where we could hear the pump clicking, and Jumpy worked perfectly fine for several thousand kilometres. But even than he said the test didn't run the first time he tried. After a few tanks of fuel (right after topping it up) the error popped up, but he was able to clear it then, right to the next filling of the fuel tank. He checked for voltage on the pins, which seemed OK, so suspected the pump. I got a new one, but now we're unable to start it, as stated before. Now the error is permanent. Ran through some tutorials on the issue on YT, one successfully sorted out also with Autel MaxiDAS. Not helpful in our case.

Couldn't find anything in our mother tongue forums, so I decided to look for help here. The C4 case here is the closest thing to mine I could find, while looking for the diagram.

The dates available at places dealing with car electrics exclusively are crazy where I live, and I use the car for work.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

bobo1987 wrote: 29 Apr 2024, 16:32 Hi Marc

I'm new to the forum. Struggling with the additive pump also. Can you by any chance get the diagram like the one you provided for C4 II, just for 2016+ Jumpy (VIN
VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]) this time. Got a new tank (with pump OE), programmed, level set, tried through engine ECU, BSI, still getting errors. Just to rule out the wiring.

Best regards
Matt
Sorry, I don't have one for that year.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
bobo1987

Post by bobo1987 »

Sorry to hear that. Still, thanks for the quick reply.

Meanwhile the mechanic called me back and said it was B Touch ST9000, that he reset the levels with before.
bobo1987

Post by bobo1987 »

Just to add to the topic. Can you possibly prompt me how to properly check the pump itself? Having the old one out, I checked the valve alone connecting it to a 9V battery. It clicks and pushes liquid as expected, but I connected it directly, so still couldn't rule out bad circuits on its electronics. Circuit board seems fine (not burnt, etc.) but I'd like to check it properly. The number of the entire tank with the pump is 9817154080. I also attach pictures of the pump.
Attachments
20240430_093942.jpg
20240430_093955.jpg
20240430_093934.jpg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I've split this into a new topic as it is for a completely different vehicle.

Many issues can come from the electrical wiring from the additive pump back to the harness. This is an area of high heat and exposure to road conditions and can cause corrosion in the wiring. We've heard of many similar issues where people have replaced the pumps and still have the same issues - tracing the wires back may find the cause.

Marc
bobo1987

Post by bobo1987 »

Yes, unfortunately still can't get the diagram, which would help a lot. Honestly, the wires and the connectors look pretty good physically, at least the areas we've checked. That's why the simplest way would be to check for continuity from the plug to BSI, where it connects (I believe) but there's quite a few pins to check blind. :)

Any ideas on properly testing the pump?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

See this illustrated post with connector issues where the member did the same as you - but didn't check the obvious connectors:
viewtopic.php?p=760811#p760811

Marc