RNEG LVDS connectors type

This unit is the MyWay system, also referred to as RNEG, made by Harman Becker.
Main Features: Also referred to as RNEG, the MyWay colour satellite navigation system, has SD card, integrated European mapping, live trafic information, voice guidance and graphics in 2D or aerial perspective & it features a Bluetooth® system (Bluetooth phone compatibility only - no Bluetooth Audio Streaming).

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

zvezdelin

RNEG LVDS connectors type

Post by zvezdelin »

Hi,
I was looking around the forum for quite a while but never posted. Now something came to my mind.
I was thinking about doing video interface on the cheap - kind of like those that enable you to switch the video from rneg to reversing camera, external source etc. What I don't like about the existing interfaces in aliexpress for example is the price - around 250 euro. So my idea is to switch the LVDS input of the screen via simple relay board. The second input would be from an HDMI to LVDS converter board. The HDMI input would come from an Android phone or a raspberry pi with android auto. I haven't seen something like that on the internet so I don't know if it's gonna work or not. The easier way would be to swap the RNEG with RT6(and use the video in), but they come quite expensive.
For starters I don't want to cut the original harness from RNEG to DEV screen I was looking for the connector types of both ends without success. Does anybody know what it is?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: RNEG LVDS connectors type

Post by GiveMeABreak »

As you know MyWay does not support this feature.

Also be aware that there are different versions of the RT6: Those with and those without the hardware to support reversing cameras. It's down to the hardware in the head units and only models ending with 777XT support a reversing camera image, and also need BSI configuration.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
zvezdelin

Post by zvezdelin »

Thanks for the reply. I know that RNEG doesn't have external video input. My idea is to feed the LVDS input to the screen. Kinda like in the following link - it's not an ad, just to illustrate...
https://www.car-interface.com/vendita/e ... d-ng4.html
In the pdf the connector is listed as HSD LVDS but I couldn't find one that looks like it.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The LVDS is the cable that connects the colour MFD to the rear of the Head Unit.

Shown here as 'd' in the diagram at the back of the MyWay (RNEG):
LVDS.PNG

Marc
zvezdelin

Post by zvezdelin »

Yes, do you know what is the connector type?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Like this:
LVDS Cable.PNG

Marc
zvezdelin

Post by zvezdelin »

Yes, that's the cable. I managed to find the connector type that sits on the mainbord of the rneg. In one of the spanish forums there is a picture where one can clearly read
(A0495454128)
When you google it there is also this part number 2-1418656-1
I believe it's MQS type of connector. Anyway the price of it in aliexpress is ridiculous.
I'm now looking forward to "inject" LVDS signal in DEV screen. One very cheap board using RTD2662 VS-TY2662-V1/pcb800099 looks promising but firmware with the correct resolution has to be flashed in order for the display to work. Do you know what is the exact resolution of the DEV screen unit?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The resolution of the Hi Res screen fitted to the RT6 and NG4 is 800x480. The RNEG screen is low Res 480x234.

Marc
begga

Post by begga »

It's a TE-Connectivity Connector (3-1418656-3) -> https://www.te.com/de/product-3-1418656-3.html
There are some different variations (Board/Case/Cable/vertical/horizontal etc...). I think you can still buy them. but you can also clone it with a 3d printer and Connector/Sockets with a 2.54mm pitch
Last edited by begga on 13 Mar 2024, 21:51, edited 1 time in total.