DS5 Wing Mirror issue

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Samsanda

DS5 Wing Mirror issue

Post by Samsanda »

Hi All

My passenger side wing mirror seems to have stopped working properly. When locking/unlocking it moves but only around 10% of the angle the drivers one does. I've tried to manually help it along and this helps it fold but has not sorted the issue. Any ideas on a proper fix or is it one for the garage? There must be a way to reset it somehow?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Jason
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: DS5 Wing Mirror issue

Post by GiveMeABreak »

There is no reset - it will likely be sticking due to lack of lubrication. Try using some silicon oil spray (not WD40!) in the mechanism where the mirror pivots. A few gentle sprays inside may help lubricate the plastic gearing.

It may take a few closing and opening actions to work through and this may then help. I would not recommend you force the mirror manually too often as you may disengage it (as in if it was hit by a vehicle) which knocks it out of the gearing mechanism and then can take a few attempts to re-engage again. Doing this too often can wear the gearing down.

It may also be that the gearing is too badly worn - so this fix may not work - and may appear to make the problem worse if it causes the gears to slip a bit more. this will eventually ease as the oil works in and through.

I've done this on the C3 and it cured the 'lazy mirror' foldback syndrome after a week of use - it went back to near normal.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Samsanda

Post by Samsanda »

Thanks Marc, really helpful! Will give it a go and let you know if it resolves the issue.

Cheers,
Jason
xsteel82
New User

Post by xsteel82 »

Hi People
I have the same problem with not folding mirror from passager side in my DS5. It is closing only about 10 % even less. The second one from driver is folding normaly. I had used oil in spray but was not help. Same glass - mirror is ok - full stering. Only folding doesn't work good. I think i have to disassemble the mirror to get to that mirror folding mechanism and then oil it. If that will not help maybe you have any sugestions what is going on ? I will write later. Thank you
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

In that case the motor has probably failed. Although Citroen do not supply motors, only the complete mirror unit according to model and options, one member has managed to source a motor - have a read of this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=72219
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc