DS5 Wing Mirror issue

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Samsanda
My Cars: Citroen DS5 2.0HDI DStyle (2013)

DS5 Wing Mirror issue

Post by Samsanda »

Hi All

My passenger side wing mirror seems to have stopped working properly. When locking/unlocking it moves but only around 10% of the angle the drivers one does. I've tried to manually help it along and this helps it fold but has not sorted the issue. Any ideas on a proper fix or is it one for the garage? There must be a way to reset it somehow?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Jason
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: DS5 Wing Mirror issue

Post by GiveMeABreak »

There is no reset - it will likely be sticking due to lack of lubrication. Try using some silicon oil spray (not WD40!) in the mechanism where the mirror pivots. A few gentle sprays inside may help lubricate the plastic gearing.

It may take a few closing and opening actions to work through and this may then help. I would not recommend you force the mirror manually too often as you may disengage it (as in if it was hit by a vehicle) which knocks it out of the gearing mechanism and then can take a few attempts to re-engage again. Doing this too often can wear the gearing down.

It may also be that the gearing is too badly worn - so this fix may not work - and may appear to make the problem worse if it causes the gears to slip a bit more. this will eventually ease as the oil works in and through.

I've done this on the C3 and it cured the 'lazy mirror' foldback syndrome after a week of use - it went back to near normal.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Samsanda
My Cars: Citroen DS5 2.0HDI DStyle (2013)

Post by Samsanda »

Thanks Marc, really helpful! Will give it a go and let you know if it resolves the issue.

Cheers,
Jason
xsteel82
New User
My Cars: Citroend DS5 2.0 BlueHDI 180 PS 2014

Post by xsteel82 »

Hi People
I have the same problem with not folding mirror from passager side in my DS5. It is closing only about 10 % even less. The second one from driver is folding normaly. I had used oil in spray but was not help. Same glass - mirror is ok - full stering. Only folding doesn't work good. I think i have to disassemble the mirror to get to that mirror folding mechanism and then oil it. If that will not help maybe you have any sugestions what is going on ? I will write later. Thank you
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

In that case the motor has probably failed. Although Citroen do not supply motors, only the complete mirror unit according to model and options, one member has managed to source a motor - have a read of this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=72219
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc