Today's County in the Spotlight:Part 2

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: Today's County in the Spotlight:Part 2

Post by Peter.N. »

Daylight_Inn_.jpg
The Daylight Inn Petts wood. William Willet who was responsible for daylight saving time lived in Petts Wood. I will see if I can find a better picture

Peter
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024
My Cars: 70+ former cars (list available) including 11 Citroens, 3 Renaults
Current cars: 2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SEn, 1994 Mazda MX3

Post by mickthemaverick »

Just time to squeeze in another Kent favourite of mine and add to the previously posted Kent railway information. I believe the RH&DR is the best narrow guage railway in England:
BFTW
BFTW
Furthermore there is a special day planned on Saturday which I am hoping to get to, details here
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Peter.N. wrote: 04 Jul 2022, 23:51 My first car, my mother sitting on the wall which she built 1956

ImagePeter

Thanks Peter lovely pictures. Having just built a retaining garden wall over several months I know what an effort of manual labour building is, made more difficult for me with a garden which is like the north face of the Eiger. :-D

Don't think there's any need for a formal closure for the thread, it will just merge back into the archives of its own accord, so Kent's privilege is that its day in the spotlight will always be open, so should you have anything more to share its here.
mickthemaverick wrote: 05 Jul 2022, 08:02 Just time to squeeze in another Kent favourite of mine and add to the previously posted Kent railway information. I believe the RH&DR is the best narrow guage railway in England:

Furthermore there is a special day planned on Saturday which I am hoping to get to, details here
Ditto Mick, should you come back with Kent day out pictures and the aforementioned Fish and Chip supper at the railway....the thread will be open to post it up.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Peter.N.
Moderating Team

Post by Peter.N. »

My mum was a very keen DIYer, just after the war when you could get timber again, it had been on license, she brought a load back from Bromley on the bus! and built a set of overhead kitchen cupboards. She also bought a 'Wolf' drill which I still have in the garage.

I remember the Hythe and Dymchurch railway well Mick, a friend of mine used to work on it. I used to go down to Dungeness long before they built the power station there, that was how I remember the rural Kent coast. We have some friends in the north of Scotland who live at Inver, their back garden opens out onto the beach, reminds me very much of that part of the Kent coast in the '50s

Peter
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

:offtopic:

I love seeing women just getting on with it. My youngest daughter is one such and a next door neighbour too. She dismantled her staircase and built a new one, on her own, he husband is hopeless with practical things.

This girl is very impressive. I put a video up of her restoring a huge generator but this came up yesterday.

[/OT]
Peter.N.
Moderating Team

Post by Peter.N. »

She is brilliant, have watched quite a few of her videos. Her engineering is a lot like mine - if it works it works.

Peter
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

I intend to put an index with links to each of the 92 Counties covered in Part 1 and Part 2 in the order they came out

The first 46 that came out the hat for part 1
47-92 that came out of the hat in part 2

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey