Electric Cars:what's available?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

mickthemaverick
Donor 2024
My Cars: 70+ former cars (list available) including 11 Citroens, 3 Renaults
Current cars: 2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SEn, 1994 Mazda MX3

Re: Electric Cars:what's available?

Post by mickthemaverick »

Perhaps a cheeky post but I do have an electric vehicle available if anyone is interested!! :-D
Details can be found here!!
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Another new Chinese car to consider. Here is Johnny Smith's verdict:

Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

A pretty car but a pretty boring presentation Mick. Lost me after the first five minutes. :)
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Avid readers of the this thread will have come across Great Wall's Ora Brand Jonny, but nice walk through. Would have liked it to be a little more disruptive in price point. Chinese Standard Price £11,500, but unfortunately Europe's market is overpriced, and who would blame them for looking at the spec of their own car, and the competition, and just pricing it at a start price of £25,000 (before plug in grant) couple of thousand under its rivals, rather than being truly disruptive.
temp2.png

As reported here ( viewtopic.php?p=698917#p698917 ) Great Wall and Barcelona have been cosying up for a European manufacturing base.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

I have to agree with Gibbo about Jonny's presentation but I do like the two tone green in the second video. I also like the instrumentation layout as the integrated screens look so much more "meant to be" than some which look like a normal tablet screwed to the dash!! Only thing that would bother me is that there is a resemblance to certain Porsche models which turns me straight off!! :-D
Dormouse
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Peugeot 3008 Hybrid4, Fiat Ducato, Morris Mini.
plus notable cars I have owned :- Studebaker 1921, Daimler Consorts, Mercedes 220 Pontoon, Simca 1301, Austin Metropolitan, lots and lots of Minis, both steel and fibreglass bodied, Fiat 500F, Citroen GSA's, Skoda Estelle 120 Rally replica, DKW 1000S, Triumph Herald Estate, Warwick GT (very briefly)

Post by Dormouse »

The styling cues have been taken from a mishmash of European makes. The pricing and spec according to Auto Express is going to be very competitive for it's intended target market.
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

This may be of interest to certain members!! :-D

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234119006228 ... SwHmlhE3ju
NewcastleFalcon

mickthemaverick wrote: 02 Nov 2021, 18:25 This may be of interest to certain members!! :-D

Shipping from Greater China?
The Sparks have it well tied up in the UK and rightly so, and plenty boxes to choose from without directly engaging with China yourself to buy a box and then get someone to install it. Not in the market for one myself, but if I was I'd probably "do a gibbo!".

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 02 Nov 2021, 18:39
mickthemaverick wrote: 02 Nov 2021, 18:25 This may be of interest to certain members!! :-D

Shipping from Greater China?
The Sparks have it well tied up in the UK and rightly so, and plenty boxes to choose from without directly engaging with China yourself to buy a box and then get someone to install it. Not in the market for one myself, but if I was I'd probably "do a gibbo!".

Regards Neil
Doing a Gibbo might not be advised now Neil, just got in the post notice of my first speeding ticket since I started driving in 1954, 36mph in a 30mph limit. :shock: on my way to the Renault dealer for the Zoe cabin filter.
There's only about a hundred metres of 30mph restriction in the place where it's said to have happened, the rest of the road is 40mph so there must have been a mobile camera tucked away close by.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
NewcastleFalcon

Maybe the silence of the Zoe did for you Gibbo, and its rapid pick up of speed without the associated revs and gear changes.

Thats so annoying, and so easily done, everyone who drives now must have had a speeding ticket at one time or another. Indeed quite an achievement for yourself to have held out for so long. :-D

It was the bus lane thing you were worrying about too. Do you get the option for a speed awareness course, points on the licence always seem like blemish on your record which you just dont want, particularly with a long clean licence motoring life.?

Sickening

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 03 Nov 2021, 10:43 Maybe the silence of the Zoe did for you Gibbo, and its rapid pick up of speed without the associated revs and gear changes.

Thats so annoying, and so easily done, everyone who drives now must have had a speeding ticket at one time or another. Indeed quite an achievement for yourself to have held out for so long. :-D

It was the bus lane thing you were worrying about too. Do you get the option for a speed awareness course, points on the licence always seem like blemish on your record which you just dont want, particularly with a long clean licence motoring life.?

Sickening

Regards Neil
So far it's just a "Who was driving" message Neil and "Consideration of prosecution" so it's wait and see, as is the bus lane stuff, that could still come. :(
I've just looked for a dealer that doesn't involve going anywhere near bloody Gloucester, found one just over the border in Herefordshire only 35 minutes from home, reckon they'll be getting the business in future.
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

I did wonder when I saw Greater China if that could mean Singapore? :)
NewcastleFalcon

More poke than a Citroen Ami with the L7e (up to 56mph ) Version, but not quite the same style.

to paraphrase Basil Fawlty...." It comes from Barcelona"

Small read
https://www.carscoops.com/2021/10/silen ... batteries/

Moving Pictures

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Gibbo2286 wrote: 03 Nov 2021, 11:48
NewcastleFalcon wrote: 03 Nov 2021, 10:43 Maybe the silence of the Zoe did for you Gibbo, and its rapid pick up of speed without the associated revs and gear changes.

Sickening

Regards Neil
So far it's just a "Who was driving" message Neil and "Consideration of prosecution" so it's wait and see, as is the bus lane stuff, that could still come. :(
I've just looked for a dealer that doesn't involve going anywhere near bloody Gloucester, found one just over the border in Herefordshire only 35 minutes from home, reckon they'll be getting the business in future.
Got the letter this morning offering me the choice of points and fixed penalty or the speed awareness course, anybody done one?
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

I have actually done 2 courses, 7 years apart!! I found the first one very useful in updating me on things that had changed, eg until then I thought the national speed limit on dual carriageways was 60!! The second one was nowhere near so useful to me with very little new information but the day out to the college and chatting to other sinners was a pleasant way of passing the time. On both courses the instructors were ex police drivers with a very well developed sense of humour and had it been a play that I had paid £92 to go and see I would not have been disappointed!! Go for it Gibbo, I think you will find it at least as entertaining as the FCF!! :-D