Electric Cars:what's available?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Re: Electric Cars:what's available?

Post by Gibbo2286 »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 05 Sep 2021, 09:13
mickthemaverick wrote: 24 Aug 2021, 20:38 What do you knowledgeable Leaf drivers make of this?:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234154320157 ... SwsHlgx3Vr
Follow up on the Leaf Mick put the link up for

Regards Neil
It's the basic model Mick if it was a Ford it would be a 'Popular' everything interesting stripped off to get the price down. :wink:
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024
My Cars: 70+ former cars (list available) including 11 Citroens, 3 Renaults
Current cars: 2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SEn, 1994 Mazda MX3

Post by mickthemaverick »

I was aware of the i3 feature you are referring to Neil but I have to agree it is a decidedly bad fact that may well put people off. However in my case the 20" wheels, extortionate tyres and concrete like suspension will ensure I never go down that route. One unfortunate fact about being an ex C5 owner is that it is exceptionally difficult to find any car which offers acceptable ride quality. I have got fairly close, or even tolerably close, with the Legacy but only after I swapped out the 17" standard wheels for the 16" now fitted. Which leaves me wondering when will we see a comfortable, practicle, affordable 4 seat electric car which will float my boat? :)
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

The Visia basic spec doesn't have the 6.6kW charger, or the heat pump, or maybe the reversing camera, and has cheaper upholstery finishes, but is perfectly usable. More by luck than good management I ended up with the middle spec Acenta, which is well-suited to me. I baulk at paying extra for the essentials, and its cheaper tyres than the top-spec Tenka are an added bonus :-D

You probably get better info on the Leaf reading the various threads on the FCF, but for visual talk though which doesn't take too long and covers most of the points try this... and I've saved you 44 seconds of introductory waffle to boot.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Having followed the FCF threads I do feel fairly well informed on the Leaf but that video certainly served as a good refresher, thanks Neil. However the main issue I have with the Leaf is one I have mentioned before. Entirely subjective I know but I simply don't like those long raking headlights, which I found you can see while you are driving and that puts me off!! Daft or what :?: :-D
Last edited by mickthemaverick on 05 Sep 2021, 11:16, edited 1 time in total.
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

I was quite surprised at the headlamps when I looked over the car parked in Monmouth, really look like an afterthought. :)
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
NewcastleFalcon

There are others who share that opinion :-D Me...I've grown to like the "classic" Leaf, but probably started out with the same view :-D

From Mynissanleaf.com forum
https://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?t=13178
Please Nissan, get rid of the ugly headlights on this car. I understand that they are designed to deflect air around the mirrors but come on, they protrude like 6 inches above the hood, it seems like a half ass solution to the noise caused by the mirrors. Other than the headlights the rest of the car looks fine to me. I bet that front end would look great with flush headlights. If you redesign them please make it something that we may retrofit on our cars.
An alternative view
adric22 wrote:
I like the headlights. I think they look awesome. I think it is a style that will be more popular in the future on all cars.
I thought they were weird at first, but I have become very fond of the "bug-eyed" look. It is one more thing (besides the ocean blue color) that helps me pick my Leaf out in an instant in a crowded parking lot of cars.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

There's a Zoe in the online auction at https://www.amsauctions.co.uk/ on the 13th not much money at the moment but it has a leased battery that needs to be taken over.
You will have to register to view the details.

Mods please try the link to see if my log in details appear. I can't seem to clear them from my link.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

No log in details on mine.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It'll be fine Eric as only you are logged in the website on your browser for that 'session'. Once logged in this is an authenticated 'session' between your browser and the web server of the site you are visiting.

So basically nobody else can be automatically logged in from a web page link you share without logging in themselves and for that they would need the relevant credentials.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Thanks for that. Can't be too careful wouldn't want some toe-rag buying himself a nice Merc on my account. :)
NewcastleFalcon

Gibbo2286 wrote: 07 Sep 2021, 09:27 Thanks for that. Can't be too careful wouldn't want some toe-rag buying himself a nice Merc on my account. :)
This Is all you get when you click the Link, you have to register for further details.
temp2.png
For those interested in a Zoe...the FCF has a thread on it. Probably laced with my own opinions, but plenty info to
peruse including a decent piece from Simon as usual.
Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Yes I know that you only get a headline from the link Neil but it costs nothing to register if you want to see the full descriptions or to bid.
I've bought a lot of stuff over the years through their various auctions, a £1000 tv for £140, three UPS units for £30, re-sold two of them for £45 each on the bay. :) and still using the third.
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

I've had some good stuff from them too Gibbo, although its a fair drive to collect, but then we all know that's partly why I do it!! Picked up a table top fridge and new set of kitchen knives with the batch of power tools on my last visit, cost me a few pounds in fuel of course but I still came out on top. :-D
NewcastleFalcon

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 22 Apr 2021, 19:45 ...another new model from Great Wall's Ora Brand, another tremendous value EV
The Good Cat
Great Wall's Ora Cat has been announced as coming to Europe in 2022.
https://www.electrive.com/2021/09/07/gr ... 20Europe.
The Ora Cat is a BEV compact car....vehicles are expected to be ready for delivery in Europe from the first half of 2022. Pre-orders will be available from the end of this year, according to Great Wall.
... the Chinese are not yet giving precise details on where the Ora brand will make its debut. Details on equipment variants, sales partners and prices will also be announced by the company shortly.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Couple of links back to the Hyundai Ioniq 5 seeing as it can be seen in the flesh on the roads of the United Kingdom, as evidenced by my 71 reg spot yesterday.

Couple from Simon
viewtopic.php?p=677043#p677043

One from Me
Featuring of a few of the Chelsea Football Team, faffing about. Hyundai do a bit of sports sponsorship, as do KIA just noticed the other day that the Kennington Oval had changed into the KIA Oval.

viewtopic.php?p=685102#p685102
REgards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey