Renault Twingo II radio code issues

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jpu121265
My Cars: Citroen Jumper

Renault Twingo II radio code issues

Post by Jpu121265 »

Hi all.

Got a problem with my neighbours Twingo II he inherited.

It's a Twingo phase 2, 2014, with the quickshift auto box thing. Style of radio pictured below.

Had to change the battery after it was left stood for a year or so. Have got a radio code, no idea how to put it in. I can't even change the clock time. The manual is extremely unhelpful and seems to relate to a different model with buttons on the centre display, this has none.

I can't seem to get the radio to turn on, can't seem to get it to ask for a code, have tried familiar Renault techniques with the steering wheel controls but that doesn't seem to work either. I'm quite sure that the clock has to be changed via the radio, but given that I can't turn the radio on that doesn't help!

Have tried every sequence of button pressing I can think and have researched, pressing mode, volume, turning the wheel up/down, pressed and held the buttons on the stereo, to no avail.

I am quite sure the stereo is ok, there is power to the right wires (red and yellow) with ignition, and when I press eject, the unit makes the noise as if to eject a disk, but nothing else seems to make a difference.

I post a few pictures in the hope that someone else has known this and knows the procedure to at least get some more life out of the radio, and be able to put the code in.

Thanks in advance.

Jack.

IMG_20210429_162845.jpg
IMG_20210429_162800.jpg
IMG_20210429_162854.jpg
IMG_20210429_162903.jpg
troyrose
New User
My Cars: Captur, Fiesta

Re: Renault Twingo II radio code issues

Post by troyrose »

Have you tried to press and hold number "6" to activate the code into the system?

You can also check https://www.radiocodeking.co.uk/renault-radio-codes/ if they can help. They offer the codes for free by just entering this code: freeforall upon the checkout page. I checked mine as well from them and they provided the same radio code which we purchased from ebay before to unlock our radio.
Jpu121265
My Cars: Citroen Jumper

Re: Renault Twingo II radio code issues

Post by Jpu121265 »

Hi,

I have tried about every procedure I could think of, but will try holding '6' down.

Thanks.