Picture(s) of the day....

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

NewcastleFalcon

Re: Picture(s) of the day....

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 09 Mar 2021, 10:13 ..and there's nothing more interesting than a pole (1977 vintage) with the letters NEEB carved in it.

Nice Orange Livery for their fleet. So what was your old electricity board's fleet like?
NEEB HIAB HGV
Garyemsdad, CC BY-SA 4.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0>, via Wikimedia Commons

Regards Neil
Well as well as my own NEEB, on a brief look I found loads of information on the Southern Electricity Board fleet so rather than bog down POTD I have given the 12 old Area Electricity Boards established by the Electricity Act 1947 their own thread, where their fleet liveries and vehicles can have their glorious moment in in the sun.

REgards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

From today's bike ride :D
follydaffs090321.jpg
It's ben a truly gorgeous day down here :D I made the most of it!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Is there a folly down the lane, or is it a folly to ride on the lane?
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024
My Cars: 70+ former cars (list available) including 11 Citroens, 3 Renaults
Current cars: 2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SEn, 1994 Mazda MX3

Post by mickthemaverick »

Sorry to say I have an issue with my laptop's power jack so it is out of commission until the new parts arrive. My fault, I left it on the front passenger seat on the way home with my replacement steed and had to stop a bit sharpish which threw the laptop on the floor. When I got home it simply wouldn't work so stripped it down and found a few breakages in one corner where the socket is. So new socket, replacement fan as the housing cracked and a set of screws on order as a few were missing from the last repair when I foolishly sent it into a shop for a new usb socket.
The result of that is I have to do this and probably the next week's postings from the phone and it will not open the file browser when trying to add pics so there won't be any for a while!! :(
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

I have found my old tablet which seems to be working ok if somewhat slow but hopefully it will let me post my picture of the day. It has to be my replacement steed which I collected this afternoon and has now restored my faith in screens! :
Own work
Own work
Own work
Own work
And I get a proper exhaust
Own workr
Own workr
And foglights
Own worm
Own worm
A modern dash:
Own work
Own work
And an interior to match
Own work
Own work
Ok it's not French but it has the same ride as my C5 (IN SPORT MODE) and I got good mpg on the way home as you can see so first impressions are very favourable! :-D

It also gives me the chance to post up my 5800 celebratory car:
BFTW
BFTW
Last edited by mickthemaverick on 14 Mar 2021, 19:44, edited 1 time in total.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Mick, sorry to hear about your laptop :(
myglaren wrote: 09 Mar 2021, 18:34 Is there a folly down the lane, or is it a folly to ride on the lane?
Folly Lane was the scene of my accident almost a year ago Steve... I rarely ride it now but road closures made it necessary...

Half way along I discovered the road now has a huge pothole... A reason to avoid it wherever possible until it's fixed!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

mickthemaverick wrote: 10 Mar 2021, 00:11 Image
Enjoy it Mick, looks in excellent order, and gets 5/5 for reliability, so hopefully no fix-it sagas to tell, just enjoyable meanders and strolls :-D

I have selected an appropriate track from Cream's Wheels of fire and shoved it on the juke box. I like blues, and Clapton when he was Clapton so hope you enjoy it too.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 10 Mar 2021, 09:20
mickthemaverick wrote: 10 Mar 2021, 00:11 Image
Enjoy it Mick, looks in excellent order, and gets 5/5 for reliability, so hopefully no fix-it sagas to tell, just enjoyable meanders and strolls :-D

Regards Neil
Thanks Neil, yes it is in very fine fettle indeed, its been worth spending a few months hunting to find the right car! Looking forward to being able to revive the South Coast Saunter but it doesn't look likely that Ken will be able to come over for it so we may have to release the gruesome twosome again on the coastal dwellers as we did last September. :-D
NewcastleFalcon

POTD Number Noticing Club

MIck's reply on the "Dump your Deezel" thread, to apply the coup de grace to his Diesel was food and drink for the POTD Number Noticing Club
REgards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Spring Flowers
Riverside Daisy not quite ready to pop out
Riverside Daisy not quite ready to pop out
Riverside something or other, probably Scilla bifolia L  the star hyacinth
Riverside something or other, probably Scilla bifolia L the star hyacinth
Riverside Crocus
Riverside Crocus
Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 09 Mar 2021, 09:15 POTD needs at least one POTD each day to live up to its name.
So let's see what the shutter clicked on today.
Well who remembers back in march last year, Bobin's recipe for Wild Garlic Soup back in March on the "Simple Recipes to tide up through" thread started by James.

Well the Northumberland Wild Garlic is just poking through now,
DSC05276.JPG
Couple of weeks time...this was March 23rd last year, the free soup ingredients fields are a little more bountiful :-D

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 09 Mar 2021, 09:15 POTD needs at least one POTD each day to live up to its name.
Wild daffodils seen during my morning run today :)
daffodils120321.jpg
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

The daffs aren't yet in their full profusion, but very close. Noticed what must have been a planted up couple of beds of purple "primroses" as I drove past. A little while before the woodland variety are in bloom. Excellent to document such things on POTD. I think I did a fair bit of seasonal flower posting on POTD in 2020. Noticed them more than at any other time, started a folder 100 flowers for my pics on the old laptop, and bludgeoned well past that :-D

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

That's true on the daffs Neil, still a few days to go yet... I look forward to seeing them at their peak :)

They do look lovely though and really bring a bit of bright and joy into the day :D
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

Farndale in North Yorks was always one of those days out destinations for a run in the car to see the famous wild daffodils. It is believed the daffodils were first brought here by medieval monks from Rievaulx. This wild variety (narcissus pseudonarcissus) is also known by the old name Lenten Lily, a name derived from the fact they usually bloom around Eastertime.

Covered in blooms

© Copyright Pauline E and
licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey