Citrojim's AX, Pixo, C3, Running and Cycling Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Re: Citrojim's AX, Saxo, Pixo, Running and Cycling Tales

Post by myglaren »

That was probably one of Elon's spy satellites keeping an eye on you.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

myglaren wrote: 14 Dec 2020, 17:53 That was probably one of Elon's spy satellites keeping an eye on you.
:lol: :lol: Yes, all who know me would certainly agree that I need an eye keeping on me :roll: I always have to inform my next of kin when I'm safely home from a bike ride or an run...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

One of the official photos from the MK Winter Half Marathon on Sunday :)
Sportcam.net
Sportcam.net
Love this one! You'd never realise I was soaked to the skin when this was taken. It was rather a wet run...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
KennyW
Donor 2024

Post by KennyW »

Well done Jim, The weather here has been terrible and my bike has stayed under it's covers.

December, January and February were the 3 months I always seemed to have my accidents fortunately no other vehicles involved. It was usually a slick road surface.

Kenny
C5 x7 2.0 HDi 160 hp Estate exclusive, the newbie
Xantia 2.0 Hdi 90hp 1999 only 189,000 and rising!!!!!!! Moved on to a new home
C3 1.4 petrol (SWMBO)
Xantia TD 1.9 Mk 2 Estate LX 1998 model over 210,000 miles now and still rising!!!!!!!!!!!!! now deceased 17/12/2010.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Thanks Kenny :D If you look carefully you can see the rain in the picture!

I must admit I've been very careful when out on my bike, especially as mine are not really appropriate to winter riding!

Good tyres help in the wet and I'm finding the Continental GP5000 really good with loads of grip :)

I tried to fit a rear mudguard today... Due to the geometry of the bike, no chance :twisted:

Although I only go out when it's not raining I still end up getting wet and mucky as the roads never properly dry out, even on the finest winter days. I just have to put up with it in return for the pleasure a good bike ride brings :D
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Gratuitous pictures of my activities today...
Strava
Strava
My second half marathon distance run in as many days :D
Bike at Yardley Hastings
Bike at Yardley Hastings
A truly magical ride on a truly gorgeous day! Wall to wall sunshine :cool:
Jim

Skull
Donor 2024

Post by Skull »

Jim you have guilt tripped me into sorting my bike out - not in your league though ....26.5 road miles on a mountain bike ....legs :shock: ....day off tomorrow :oops:
On my 4th Citroën Xantia (X2 HDi (110))
Citroën sAXo Memphis Mk II
Gone
Xantia x3 (2.0i TCT Activa)(2.1 TD SX)(1.9 TD Estate)
Xsara HDi VTR Coupe / Saxo 1.1i / BX 1.9 d / 4 x AX's (1.4D /1.5D)
2 x 406 (1.9 TD Estate/2.1 TD Saloon) 405 1.9 D Estate 306 1.9 XTDT Hatch
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Skull wrote: 17 Dec 2020, 18:24 Jim you have guilt tripped me into sorting my bike out - not in your league though ....26.5 road miles on a mountain bike ....legs :shock: ....day off tomorrow :oops:
There is a ready made place to post your bike activity Skull, inspired by Jims fine example

viewtopic.php?t=61875

I kicked the thread off with my own two wheeler in this particularly unloved state.....

REgards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Skull
Donor 2024

Post by Skull »

Cheers Neil I'll tell my legs :wink:
Gone
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Skull wrote: 17 Dec 2020, 18:24 Jim you have guilt tripped me into sorting my bike out - not in your league though ....26.5 road miles on a mountain bike ....legs :shock: ....day off tomorrow :oops:
Excellent :) There's so much joy to be had from a good bike ride on a sunny day :-D 8-)

I'd be pushed to do 26.5 road miles on a mountain bike Skull! That's seriously good going :D I struggle with mountain bikes... They're too heavy for me and I find them hard to ride at any speed or distance as a result... It's because I'm so small and light..

My bike in the picture above weighs about the same as a handful of feathers but it does make it quite a handful in the wind, especially with those deep-section wheels :twisted:

Another long run this morning. I'm in serious training now for my double LEJOG virtual challenge that begins on the 1st January...
Friday Run...
Friday Run...
This one completes day 95 of my current run streak :)
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

As of today we are now in Tier 4 in Paggers...

Christmas plans have been radically altered.. I was due to go to Somerset and visit and old friend during the Tier Zero window but that now been scuppered :( No worries, we have rescheduled for a time when we can...

What has to be has to be and if a Tier 4 lockdown helps bring things under control then then it's worth it...

Just before lockdown I enjoyed our last running club race of the year, the Daytona 5000 :D This was a 5K run around our local kart racing track in Milton Keynes...

Had it been today rather than yesterday it would have to have been cancelled...

As I started my run I turned on the music player in my Garmin watch and the track that began playing was 'The Chain' by Fleetwood Mac :-D Out of the 70 or so songs in my playlist, what were the chances?

Here am I in action and looking very determined :)
(c) Redway Runners Official Photographer
(c) Redway Runners Official Photographer
The trend now is to make the medals from wood. I now have four and I rather like them...

Here's me proudly displaying mine!
Own selfie, hence reversed!
Own selfie, hence reversed!
5K wasn't a long enough run for me so directly after I ran two laps of of one of our local parkrun courses :) The one very near where our Zel lives...

There has been no official parkruns since March and the start of Lockdown 1 so now we run '(not) parkruns' as an when we choose :)

I ended up running 10 miles yesterday and another 13 today... I'm well in training now for my virtual double LEJOG and a very special ultra marathon (around 60K) I plan to run later in 2021...
Jim

Skull
Donor 2024

Post by Skull »

Jim Well done =D>

That's the most sensible Covid attitude I've read on the web ....right up to the point where you mentioned running 60K :shock:

Good Luck with the '100 rays' ....
Gone
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

This morning saw me complete day 100 of my run streak :) I've now ran at least 5K (3 miles) every day for 100 consecutive days...

I have no intention of stopping at 100 ;)

I celebrated this auspicious day by running a half marathon...
stravaday100streak.jpg
To date, in 2020 I have ran 1850 miles and cycled 7,130 miles...

Considering all that's happened this year I'm happy with that :D
Jim

Skull
Donor 2024

Post by Skull »

Well Done Jim 8-)

Massive ACHIEVEMENT =D>
Gone
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Post by mickthemaverick »

You are a phenomenon Jim and an inspiration for all who are lucky enough to share your exploits. To think you have travelled almost 9000 miles on personal power is incredible as most cars need a service by then! It's also good to know that 2020 hasn't been a diabolical year for everyone!! =D> =D> =D>
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!