Picture(s) of the day....

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

NewcastleFalcon

Re: Picture(s) of the day....

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Would a 1956 Vauxhall Cresta be close?

REgards neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Peter.N. wrote: 24 Jan 2019, 23:52 AN if my memory serves me correctly is East Ham but yes, it was taken in Kent and is a ....hall. Model and year (the car primarily) I shall have to stop sending pictures with so many clues. The car would have been about 4 years old. Oh! I cant stop sending clues.

Oh it was West Ham was it. I might just give you the first letter if it isn't guessed soon.

Peter

You have strategically placed you future wife Peter......obscures the wraparound windscreen , and the bootlid giveaway badge, and the tail lights or light!
I'll nick this from Simon Cars for educationalk purposes, and recommend a look at this page of theirs which pictorally demonstrates the subtle changes....

http://www.simoncars.co.uk/vauxhall/crestaeip.html
temp5.png
Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Youv'e got me again Neil. Its a '56 Cresta photo taken in '59 I think. I will see if I can find some more tomorrow.

Peter
NewcastleFalcon

Peter.N. wrote: 25 Jan 2019, 00:19 I will see if I can find some more tomorrow.
Peter

Enjoying them Peter keep them coming. Always something new to discover and through your pictures I came across the fantastic Vauxpedia.

It was created due to the lack of Vauxhall historical information on the internet, it is now one of the largest reference and enthusiast sites for any automotive brand.
If you get bored with the morning paper, the radio or TV just take a look at the detail on the pages for the Vauxhall E Series Wyvern Velox & Cresta.

Vauxpedia-E-Series Pages

Even has the tale and pictures of testing by driving up and down Porlock Hill 50 times!
temp5.png
REgards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Changing the subject a bit from cars... Sorry...

Bagged this still from my GoPro during a bike ride today in the glorious warm sunshine... I love how I'm casting a shadow ahead of me :D
Own Work
Own Work
This was taken on my ride home after our usual Friday Club Run to the OSO Cafe in Cranfield... My normal journey home is about 10 miles if I take the shorter of my longer ways home... This one was 35 miles...

I have three 'usual' routes home... One of 10 miles, another of 16 and a hilly 22 mile one... As the crow flies the distance is about five miles :lol:

It would have been rude not to have taken full advantage of the amazing weather today and I surely did :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Peter.N.
Moderating Team

Post by Peter.N. »

Looks nicer up there than it has been down here today Jim, pleased you enjoyed it.

More cars. Taken at the back of our cottage in Kent during renovations, one is quite easy can you spot the other two.
Attachments
img045.jpg
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

That's great Peter! I think I see an MO Morris Oxford (or is it an Austin A55?) and a Morris Minor van with added rear windows...

Is the third a Bedford CA van?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

CitroJim wrote: 25 Jan 2019, 16:04 Changing the subject a bit from cars... Sorry...

Bagged this still from my GoPro during a bike ride today in the glorious warm sunshine... I love how I'm casting a shadow ahead of me :D

bikeshadow250119.jpg

Excellent Jim.......this bloke got off his, and has been quite artistic....nice bit of bike detail like he painted it on the road. Somewhere near Upton upon Severn.
geograph stamped image
geograph stamped image
REgards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Neil, that's a brilliant picture :D Love it and it's given me a few ideas ;)
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

CitroJim wrote: 25 Jan 2019, 17:48 Neil, that's a brilliant picture :D Love it and it's given me a few ideas ;)

I'm off on a shadow tangent right now :-D Some decent creative ones on geograph. I am going to shove one on one of my old threads...."What do you know about Norfolk!"

There was one of a group of ramblers up on hadrians wall. I knew straight away it was up here just by the countryside. Reading the Newcastle Journal in a coffee shop yesterday, and noticed it was the former emperor Hadrian's Birthday in the On this Day section. Day too late to make POTD!

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

That's a coincidence Neil!
It was my eldest grandson's birthday too - and he is studying archaeology at Durham University.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team

Post by Peter.N. »

Like your pictures Jim.

Morris Oxford yes but not MO. Series?. Minor van ex Rentokil PFN14 Canterbury, put windows and comfortable seats in. Big van not Bedford, similar size to the CF though but earlier.

Peter
NewcastleFalcon

Not much to go on but we will try a Commer FC.....possibly supplied by a Rootes Garage in Sevenoaks!

REgards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Peter.N.
Moderating Team

Post by Peter.N. »

Commer it is Neil. Sevenoaks not far out, Mountains of Hildenborough. Was only a couple of years old, one of the newest vehicles I have bought. Took over another businesses and the Minor was no longer big enough.

Anyone know which Oxford?

Peter
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Peter.N. wrote: 25 Jan 2019, 22:15 Like your pictures Jim.

Morris Oxford yes but not MO. Series?. Minor van ex Rentokil PFN14 Canterbury, put windows and comfortable seats in. Big van not Bedford, similar size to the CF though but earlier.

Peter

Not a bad effort for me Peter! :D Shame that Minor wasn't a wooden Traveller - at least being ex-Rentokil you would have known it would have been proof against woodworm :lol: :lol:
Jim