Xantia Blower Speed Controller Module Repairs

Post your Cit/Peu/Ren air conditioning queries or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Xantia Blower Speed Controller Module Repairs

Post by CitroJim »

If you find a hurricane howling through your aircon equipped Xantia because the blower fan is running uncontrollably at top speed, this indicates that the speed control module has failed.

This module, located on a heatsink just underneath the fan motor, has two large power transistors, one or both of which go short-circuit and cause the fan to run at top speed irrespective of the speed control slider setting. You can't even turn it off!

Repair is not really difficult if you have the tools and dabble a bit in electronics. I offer a complete guide here:

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=22348

For anyone who does not fancy doing the repair, I am very happy to do the repair for you and supply the replacement transistors. I can offer a return of post service (Post Office and my other commitments permitting) and will charge only what the transistors cost me and the return postage. No profit is involved, I'm offering this simply as a service to forum members.

Each repair will be tested on my own car.

I'm also happy to supply pairs of transistors.

Please PM me for full details.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
scratcher
My Cars:

Post by scratcher »

Hi, I wish you had posted this a few months ago. I had to pay £98 for a new circuit board form Citroen as I could not find the trannie numbers in the Maplin cat. Now I have a spare dud board which I might consider repairing. Gerry
Xantia vsx
GSA 1300
Previous AMI8 estate
GS1015
GSA1300 estate
BX16
BX17d
BX19destate
BX19d
scratcher
My Cars:

Post by scratcher »

Hi, Iwas replying to a message dated Mon. 28th Sept 2009. Yes time does go very slowly when you are retired, there are only 3working hours in a day and anything after 1230 is a bonus. Gerry
Xantia vsx
GSA 1300
Previous AMI8 estate
GS1015
GSA1300 estate
BX16
BX17d
BX19destate
BX19d