2017 Citroen Berlingo infotainment system

This is the Connected NAV system.
Main Features: It is a fully integrated Telematics System featuring CarPlay, Android Auto, Real Time Services, Voice Commands, High-Res Display, 3D Navigation, Bluetooth Hands Free & USB. 2 versions of the system are available NAC (Navigation Audio Connectée) and RCC (Radio Couleur Connectée) or Connected Colour Radio, which does not have the Integrated Navigation or Live Services.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

Ryzen

2017 Citroen Berlingo infotainment system

Post by Ryzen »

Hello everyone, I'm new here so I hope it's okay to ask this question.

My wife recently purchased a 2017 Citroen Berlingo and she is already in love with it after just a few days. I was wondering if there is a way to update the firmware on the infotainment system. Currently, it only has Apple CarPlay and Mirrorlink, but I have heard that it is possible to update the firmware to include Android Auto. I have searched everywhere but can't seem to find any information on how to update it or where to download the firmware. The system does not have satnav, so having Android Auto would be a great addition.

Thank you in advance for any help or advice that anyone can provide.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: 2017 Citroen Berlingo infotainment system

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Let's clear something up.

1) Mirror link is old and more or less unsupported now. It has been replaced with Android Auto.
2) If your vehicle already has CarPlay, then it will support Android Auto. They only cam out within a year of each other.

If you have the Connected NAV system, then both these technologies are already supported. Are you using a decent quality cable to connect your Smartphone? Your smartphone may be the issue if it is not on an updated operating system.

What is the make, model and version / name of the operating system installed on the phone?

If you provide your VIN I can clarify the exact system you have and advise further. Please post your VIN in full without spaces - it will be automatically masked from public view after submitting your post & will only be visible to staff.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Ryzen

Post by Ryzen »

Thank you so much for your reply.
The VIN is VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

My wife and I both own Samsung phones - she has a Samsung S10 while I have a Samsung S20. Despite both phones being fully updated and trying multiple different cables, we have been unable to connect them via USB. We can connect both phones to Bluetooth for calls and music, but there are no options for Android Auto on the van's infotainment system. We hope this information is useful and thank you for your assistance.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi, yes helpful, because you have the SMEG system without Sat Nav and that is not the NAC system I thought you may have.

Unfortunately, you may need to ask the dealer to see if they can activate it for you along with any firmware updates. I can't assist with this as it's an earlier system. I can't see there being an issue as Android Auto has been available since 2015 in cars, so it may need an update.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc