Xantia - pre MOT woes

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jaf

Xantia - pre MOT woes

Post by Jaf »

Whilst checking Fred over I found LHM leaks again. 1 at the rear, possibly the height corrector (changed it for a secondhand one last year), and 1 from from the pipe that goes from LHM tank to pump (couple of years old and made of horrible metal weaved-covered pipe). Shouldn't be too much trouble, except I lent on the coolant 3 way pipe/ pressure valve and snapped it. Sigh. Suppose that pipe has done pretty well.

Spare tyre has rotted! Oops.

Oh and Gwin, the AX, has a flat battery. Has taken a charge OK but it's not holding. Trying to work out if I can make it into town for a new battery. It's mostly downhill. Hmm. There's no buses or taxis round here!
Fred, a silver 1998 1.9TD SX Xantia.
Gwin, a white 1994 1.1 AX.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re: Xantia - pre MOT woes

Post by CitroJim »

Oh dear :( Here's hoping all resolves in a satisfactory way Jaf :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Jaf

Re: Xantia - pre MOT woes

Post by Jaf »

Thanks Jim. Making progress, if slowly.

Gwin's battery held a charge long enough to get into town. Got nice new battery. Driver's exterior door handle snapped! Superglue with reinforcing metal strips didn't hold, so have bought new araldite. When did that get so expensive?! Hopefully that will hold, haven't done it yet.

For Fred I've ordered 2 new tyres, will keep 1 old for spare. Been nearly a week. Hmm. Changed LHM pipe, not convinced it's any good as the larger pipe is marked as nautical! Going to try a different shop. Still had a leak at pump, cleaned up pump is so shiny it's hard to see the leaks. Anyway eventually decided it's 1 of the star key seals. Last changed by a garage around 15 years ago. And was not tight. Fingers crossed that is the front leak sorted, still looking ar rear leak.
Fred, a silver 1998 1.9TD SX Xantia.
Gwin, a white 1994 1.1 AX.