ECU not recognised

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

freddyokel

ECU not recognised

Post by freddyokel »

I'm slowly working through all the faults on my 2008 207cc and I'm down to 1 non-engine fault.
But both the 'ABS/traction control' and the 'Radio or radiotelephone (radio part)' have 'ECU not recognised' next to them.
Both units are communicating just fine with Diagbox.
The radio has been upgraded from an RD4 to an RD45, but I'm not sure about the history of the ABS module.
The single fault showing on the Radio is the lack of a microphone because, well it's just not fitted.

What does 'ECU not recognised' actually mean? Do I need to telecode the ABS and the RD45 to another module?
abs_ecu_novin.jpg
stereo_ecu_novin.jpg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: ECU not recognised

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It's not recognising the installed Head Unit. IN other words it is not configured in the BSI correctly. There are likely other options that need changing from the RD4 to the RD45.

Aa far as the ABS ECU is concerned, commonly these are not picked up if a non full-chip diagnostic VCI is used. Another possibility is that you need to update your Diagbox software version. I would update it to 7.62 and leave it there.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
freddyokel

Post by freddyokel »

The VCI was certainly not a cheapo one and the seller claimed it to be 'full chip' so I'll upgrade my spare laptop to 7.62 and see if that fixes it.
The BSI only appears to have options for radio present or not.
I guess there's also the possibility that the 2008 BSI firmware just doesn't understand RD45s.
All other functions of the RD4 to RD45 upgrade appear to have gone well. Both the RD45 (from a 2013 C3) and the display (from a 2009 308) needed to be told about the parking sensors.
As usual, thanks for your input Marc.
Last edited by freddyokel on 18 Apr 2024, 16:57, edited 1 time in total.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No problem, there are some other options that may need looking at though that you won't necessarily be aware of in the BSI. I will check later for the important ones.

Marc
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team

Post by xantia_v6 »

On our 308 which has been upgraded from RD4 to RD45 the ECU not recognised fault has been present since the head unit was changed, but this does not prevent configuration of the "unrecognised" ECU.

We also have the same issue with the engine ECU, probably due to previous ECU software upgrades.

I just ignore it now.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes, as long as everything is working ok, then no need to worry about it to be honest.

Marc
wheeler

Post by wheeler »

For info The 'ECU not recognised' still happens often on a legit Diagbox with a live connection. Always has been the case even from the Lexia days, you still sometimes had to manually select engine types etc.
Absolutely nothing to be concerned about.
freddyokel

Post by freddyokel »

Upgraded Diagbox to v7.62 and it's still just the same.
BSI version seems of an age where an option for the RD45 isn't available and it even mentions the RD4 by name.
No idea what's going on with the ABS though.
But still, as people say I don't reckon it's anything to be concerned about.
However if you're on v7.57, then certainly do the v7.62 upgrade. It's a whole lot faster.