PSA Tweeter not connected

Yes, place your time and money saving tips here.Nothing illegal or dangerous please!Motoring related only please.

Moderator: RichardW

Runeelling

PSA Tweeter not connected

Post by Runeelling »

I would asume this is the case of many models from the PSA group.
My Berlingo and many others i have looked at has no sound from the tweeter speeaker in the door.

I pulled of the cover and yes the tweeter is installed, but the plug is not connected. I think this is done by purpose to earn a little more money if you buy the car with "upgraded speaker system".

Check your car today if you have the same problem
17018755956064300853836511902727.jpg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: PSA Tweeter not connected

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Highly unlikely that is the reason as it would cost more in time and investigation under warranty to resolve. It's more likely to be that it was never properly connected at the factory and the opening and closing of the door has caused it to work loose.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Runeelling

Post by Runeelling »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 14 Apr 2024, 10:58 Highly unlikely that is the reason as it would cost more in time and investigation under warranty to resolve. It's more likely to be that it was never properly connected at the factory and the opening and closing of the door has caused it to work loose.
Dont think this is the case. If you see it in the picture the plug is inserted in a blank connector housing. i had to unplug it and connect it to the speaker.
at work we have 11 berlingos. 5 of theese was not connected to the speaker.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Interesting! Still if there are 2 connections - I would still just think they had a trainee on that day and plugged the wrong connector in! :-D

Never heard of this before - ever...
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc