Diagbox and depressurising

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Ceenine
Donor 2023

Diagbox and depressurising

Post by Ceenine »

After wasting a couple of hours trying to repressurise the C5 X7 I have failed to achieve the intended task. So can someone advise the Diagbox menu steps to repressurise the hydraulics. I will be eternally grateful.
Don
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Diagbox and depressurising

Post by GiveMeABreak »

There is no procedure in Diagbox for repressurising the system Don, only for depressurising.

Have a look at the C5 X7 Drain, Refill, Bleed Suspension Circuit & LDS Tank Removal guide and locate the relevant sections for 'refilling' and 'bleeding', which is the official method.

You need to be patient as it can take some time to repressurise the system. I'm assuming you used Diagbox to depressurise it and didn't manually undo any of the front and rear axle screws - otherwise I'd be gently reminding you to check these are tightened back up.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Ceenine
Donor 2023

Post by Ceenine »

Thanks Marc, yes I used the Diagbox to depressurise.

How important is it to pressurise the tank?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Very - if the vehicle will not rise after 5 minutes or so - as you don't want to be operating the pump continuously or that will overheat and trip a fuse.

Applying the pressure 'gets it going' if you like. You can improvise using something like a loose fitting large bottle cap or make one from some plastic cut to shape and a bicycle pump for example. You only need to get enough pressure in the system for the air locks to get moving so that the pump can take over. Then you can bleed the system once it's back to normal. Oh and of course make sure the vehicle height is in the normal position (easy to forget after it being in the low position from depressurising).

Marc
Ceenine
Donor 2023

Post by Ceenine »

Thanks, sounds lke a good Sunday job.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Either that, or get into practice by blowing up several hundred balloons!

Marc
Ceenine
Donor 2023

Post by Ceenine »

Being able to blow up just one balloon in my 76th year would be quite an accomplishment. So I’ll leave it to conjuring up something from my Mi16 steering fluid cap and my floor bike pump. You may get a photograph for other hopefuls. YouTube could be my next try.
Sloppysod
Donor 2024

Post by Sloppysod »

I used the cap of and easibleed brake bleeding kit connected to a bicycle stirrup pump and applied about 1/2 a stroke.
You don't need a lot of back pressure.
Stu 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

"Some cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go"Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Major interventions
C5 Steering rack @ 58,000 mi
4 discs & Pads @ 63,585 mi
2 (AM6) oil exchanges @ 58,876 & 72,378 mi
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Indeed, Don :rofl2: Try Stu's idea - it shouldn't take too much to get it going.

Marc
Ceenine
Donor 2023

Post by Ceenine »

I used a valve from a high pressure bike tube (Citro Jim pgroans)and inserted in a cap (8mm drilled hole) from my M16 steering fluid cap using a sealant to fill any gaps. Using a high pressure bike pump applied up to 0.75bar and car rose within a minute. Thanks Marc and Stu for leading me to this solution. Didn’t need YouTube after all- only bike tube😂.
Don
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Very good, well done and saved the lungs in the process. :-D

Marc
karadeli23

Post by karadeli23 »

Hello, can I get more detailed information on this subject? Is it related to the pressure tube in the transmission part? Can you describe it with photos? I asked for a photo because the translation was so bad
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

karadeli23 wrote: 18 Apr 2024, 22:05 Hello, can I get more detailed information on this subject? Is it related to the pressure tube in the transmission part? Can you describe it with photos? I asked for a photo because the translation was so bad
This has nothing to do with the gearbox transmission or the piloted hydraulic actuators on a piloted manual gearbox. This subject is to do with adding pressure to the Hydractive C5 X7 LDS Fluid Tank for the hydraulic suspension and power steering system.

Marc
HelioMV

Post by HelioMV »

I had mine depressurise itself in a car park one day when I was in work, thanks to the [offensive word]s that work in the MAIN dealer who didn't tighten something right. I panicked, but managed to spot the issue, sweeten everything up and then panicked again when I realised I could not re-pressurize the system without the equipment above suggested. I reasoned that I needed to pull some fluid through the system, so used two scissor jacks to slightly raise the front. it was a shot in the dark, but it worked. Still, not a great idea, but well worth it in an EMERGENCY maybe. Not sure has anyone else tried this, maybe its luck it worked for me!!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Very good - that's what I call improvisation! 👍

Marc