Xantia 1.6 petrol hydraulic oil leak

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

eikkup

Xantia 1.6 petrol hydraulic oil leak

Post by eikkup »

Hi,

I have a leak coming from the pipe that connects to the main accumulator in the front, do I need to buy a new pipe or is there any other way to fix it cheaper. Also I wasn't able to find the factory code of the part anywhere, can anyone help me, I can also send a picture from the leak tomorrow if needed.
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team

Re: Xantia 1.6 petrol hydraulic oil leak

Post by xantia_v6 »

There are several pipes connected to the regulator block, can you tell us which one it is? is it steel or rubber? is the leak at a joint, or a bend or on a straight section of the pipe?
eikkup

Post by eikkup »

It is a rubber pipe, here is a video that will show you which pipe it is:

Here is a closer picture of the leak:
20240329_185624.jpg
Thank you for your time!
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team

Post by xantia_v6 »

That hose is the main return from the pressure regulator, which is part of the "octopus" which combines many return hoses. See #3 on the diagram.

The octopus is available from Dr Xantia https://www.drxantia.com/index.php/en/p ... oom-detail

Note that there are several versions of the octopus with slight differences depending on the specification of the care, but I think that the one available there is the exact part for your car (LHD, non-hydractive, anti-sink).

Be warned that it is a very tricky job to fir the part due to poor access to some fittings and clips.