Citroen C5 Estate - how to program the new EOLYS ECU - Help needed!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

MagicMark

Citroen C5 Estate - how to program the new EOLYS ECU - Help needed!

Post by MagicMark »

My old EOLYS ECU failed, and I need to fit a replacement. Thanks to help from this forum, I've been able to get at the old ECU, and using a Lexia, I've been able to prove that the old ECU cannot read the fuel cap status, whereas the new ECU reads it fine.
I've used the Lexia to reconfigure the new ECU, which came from a 1.6 engine to be suitable for my 2.2 engine and larger fuel tank.
However I can't find a way to copy "counter 1 and counter 2" values across. These are the amount of EOLYS in the FAP, and the amount of additive used from the additive tank. Help!
The Configuration screen offers four options:
  • Additive top up or replacement
  • Particle filter replacement
  • Replacement of the additive ECU
  • Configuration of the additive ECU
I used the fourth menu item to set the engine size and tank size. That was straightforward. However this screen does not offer counter 1 or counter 2.
Using the third menu item, I get a screen that gives instructions: "If the ECU to be replaced is still communicating, copy the values of the two counters into the new ECU...". If I click the Vaidate key, then get a new screen titled "Replace additive ECU". It displays a single entry "Programming the total quantity of additive contained in the particle filter (counter 1)" with value "112". I need to change this to 14.
If I press Validate, I get a data entry screen, "Amount of additive = grammes" with value " 112".
I can type over the value, for example by changing it to "0000014" or " 14".
I then press Validate, and the display returns to "Programming the total quantity of additive contained in the particle filter (counter 1)", but this time with value "14".
However I can't find a way to save this new value. If I use Validate, it takes me back to the value-editing screen. If I press Configuration, it takes me back to the screen with the menu of four options - if I then go to look at the stored value, I find it's still at 112g.

Can anyone advise me how to set the counter 1 and counter 2 values, because I'm stuck?

In case it helps:
VIN: VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff],
Lexia 3, Pack: Expert, tool version 500.68,
Comms card: APPLI_X5_Fuji_P106138A, V4.3.3, @ACTIA 27.06.14,
Comms card software: V4.3.3

Mark
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Citroen C5 Estate - how to program the new EOLYS ECU - Help needed!

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Never had to do this personally as I had it done at the dealer for this very reason on my MK II with separate additive ECU as it can be a bugger to do as you are finding out.

In case you run into issues with the correct amounts for this engine with manual gearbox, these are the official values based on mileage to use:

The parameters of the "customer options" menu are also present on the configuration menu, so it is not necessary to configure these if the parameters of the "configuration" menu have already been, or are going to be, configured.

Make sure you have the EAS 200 ECU as this is the correct one for this vehicle, not the EAS 100.

Computer EAS 200
Engine typeDW12ATED4 manual gearbox (4HX)
Distance travelled by the particulate emission filterQuantity of additive EOLYS 176 deposited in the filter (In grams)
0 kms (0 mile)0 g
10 000 kms (6 250 miles)10 g
20 000 kms (12 500 miles)20 g
30 000 kms (18 750 miles)29 g
40 000 kms (25 000 miles)39 g
50 000 kms (31 250 miles)49 g
60 000 kms (37 500 miles)59 g
70 000 kms (43 750 miles)69 g
80 000 kms (50 000 miles)78 g
90 000 kms (56 250 miles)88 g
100 000 kms (62 500 miles)98 g
110 000 kms (68 750 miles)108 g
120 000 kms (75 000 miles)118 g
Fuel Tank Volume65 litres
Non detection limit by fuel sender0 litre
Alert level118 g
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
MagicMark

Post by MagicMark »

Thank you. The 14g that the old ECU stated seems about right, as I had the filter changed just over a year ago. It's an EAS200.1 that I got. Same as the original, except for slightly newer firmware.
If I can't change the amount deposited in the filter, I'm tempted to simply set the alert level to <correct alert value> + <amount counter 1 value is over reading> = 118 + (112 - 14) = 216g
It's a work-around, but it just might work!
Mark
MagicMark

Post by MagicMark »

An update on this one - With my cheat, Lexia thought that the Eolys tank was below the low level, so it wasn't a good way forward. Whilst I could change the configuration values, I couldn't change the Counter1 and Counter2 values. I finally opted for telling the system that I'd fitted a new FAP. This set the Counter1 value (amount of Eolys in the FAP) to zero, and left the Counter2 value (amount of Eolys used) at 21g. This seemed to be the best compromise, as the correct values would have been each 14g. All working well now.

Mark