An interesting article.....

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

An interesting article.....

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Re: An interesting article.....

Post by myglaren »

I'm inclined to agree. As a confirmed cheapskate is more the cost of repair to what appears to be unreliable tech shoehorned into the car, where like the 'radio' being given the task of running many major operations and when it breaks it isn't just the radio that is gone bit lots of other stuff that can prevent the use of the car.
Then there is the ridiculous cost of replacement/repair that far exceeds what I would normally pay for a car.
One of the reasons I bought the shabby Mazda rather than the pristine C4.
Several things not working but it didn't impact on the operation of the car or ant safety items. It was actually more not knowing how to work them than brokenness.
bobins
Donor 2023

Re: An interesting article.....

Post by bobins »

That's an interesting discussion piece. I've long thought that modern cars have no 'soul', they're not very engaging. You don't 'drive' a modern car - you pilot or navigate it to your destination.
I jump in my hairdryer and I 'm back to 'engagement' - the steering wheel is connected to the roadwheels by mechanical bits, not electrons. You can feel the bumps in the road and you know what the car's doing. You feel involved in the driving process. I jump in my Kia and, while it's entirely capable, I don't feel like I had much to do with the journey.
To be fair though, there are plenty of motorists who have no desire for 'engagement'.
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(