parking brake/abs /ESP warning

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

irishal

parking brake/abs /ESP warning

Post by irishal »

My Peugeot 3008 1.6 HDI has started to throw up an intermittent warning saying that the parking brake is faulty, ABS and ESP not working. Sometimes the fault disappears after a short while driving, sometimes while driving, sometimes on turning on ignition, seems very random. While checking the fuses and wiring under the bonnet and jiggling wires etc the error cleared for a while but has since come back and has been on for a couple of days now.
I have run diagnostic scan (using a topdon bluetooth dongle via the topscan app on android) and it shows error code c1335 right hand rear wheel speed sensor not working possible short circuit. Have checked the sensor and cable for damage and dirt etc and can see no physical damage.
I thought that maybe the loom wiring from the sensor could be a problem as the error cleared for a while after moving cables around the fuses and controllers under the bonnet so I checked for continuity. There is no continuity, first question is, should there be continuity? I assume yes as I would have thought it an NC circuit.
Second question does any have any idea the route the cables take and to where they terminate amongst the rats nest of cables under the bonnet. I believe they terminate on pins 19 and 31 on the ABS ESP ECU but I am not sure where this is located.
Third question, The automatic parking brake has deactivated itself off after plugging in the scanner, goodness knows why, does anyone know how to turn it back on again, tried it via the scanner and it's dash light goes off briefly but then comes straight back on again.
Thanks in advance
Al
lawns
(Donor 2020)

Re: parking brake/abs /ESP warning

Post by lawns »

Yes ABS sensors problems can also give problems with the electric hand brake and other systems and componets that rely on its information. You might want to swap rear sensors over to see if the fault code follows or not and test your theory of continuity on the known good sensor at the same time. Seem to remember there should be a reistance ? A lot of my problems have been caused by corrosion between the sensor and its mounting, if you search the forum this has caused contact between sensors and reluctor rings and taken them out.
irishal

Re: parking brake/abs /ESP warning

Post by irishal »

Swapping sensors is my next move if it ever stops raining here, Not very soon in that case..... Checked for corrosion all seemed ok, still suspect of a dodgy cable / connection due to the intermittent nature of the issue.