DS Electrics

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

C5D5107

DS Electrics

Post by C5D5107 »

Evening Folks, looking for some help. Have a 171 DS5 100km, have it 1 year, no problems until battery went dead before Christmas went to local garage and they fitted new battery (€400) within days warning came up saying check electrics ,went back and garage said they had to get Electrician to check , but was ok to drive . 4 days later after short drive went out and nothing completely dead fob not working no lights of any kind on dash .

Left for Christmas week ,had to get recovery to bring to local garage same one , been there since asked if i have spare key ( I do not) contacted original dealer who I bought car from to try to source key and after explaining problem he said battery was either wrong type or not installed properly, apparently there is a sequence to follow ,asked could I get it back to him ,as it is already in local garage and dealer is about 70 km away this is not possible .

Any way my local guy after 2 weeks now tells me the electrics pad which sits on top of battery ( forgive ignorance) is faulty ,is common fault with Peugeot Citroen , cannot get part for another 3 weeks ,( although it is common fault ), and will cost €650 just for part !

Your thoughts would be appreciated please.

Sorry for long post .
Crystalyne

Re: DS Electrics

Post by Crystalyne »

The BPGA unit (the electronics module sat atop the battery) does go wrong occasionally - so the mechanic may be correct, although you may want to shop around for quotes for the BPGA unit as 650 EUR seems high to me.

I had the BPGA unit fail a little while after I bought my DS5, which is now at 120k miles - It would pretty much refuse to start when cold, but would be fine when hot! After replacement, all is well!

My vehicle is the post 2015 Hybrid model, so quite rare, but it only took about a week for Citroen to get the part from France - My replacement was done at the main dealer (as, a lot of the mechanics in my area aren't a fan of the "rolling mainframe" as I call it)
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The price may of included the labour and Diagnostic time for configuration as this needs to be done on some models when replacing with a new unit including this vehicle.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
C5D5107

Post by C5D5107 »

Folks,

Got unit replaced, after 4 weeks, now added adblue and urea warning light and check engine warning light as well as service light came on, drove to mechanic other night and on the way lights went off, could find no fault, now 1 day later lights back on ,really doing my head in ,any suggestions appreciated
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

We really need the fault codes as you've not really explained the issues in your original posts - just what has been done and what has been replaced. Without knowing the route causes we can't help.

Fault codes (and be aware that a generic OBDII reader won't be able to read anything other than the most basic codes, so may not cut the mustard) and your VIN will provide some clues. Replacing parts without knowing the root cause rarely helps.

Marc
C5D5107

Post by C5D5107 »

Hi
Have not got fault codes, all was fine when mechanic checked. Original issue was battery died, Changed this and got "electric system fault " on dash, mechanic said ok to drive, then everything went dead nothing at all. Garage after 2 weeks said it was battery master control( unit on top of battery). Had this replaced after waiting for 3 week delivery from France. 2 weeks late urea light and engine management light came on as well as service light, filled with adblue and now same lights are coming on randomly and going off, maybe every 2 days ,drive for awhile and light comes on ,drive further and lights go off, I assume engine light is connected to adblue warning, but when I went to garage they were on when I left home but 20 mins later were off, garage gave codes to citroen as they could not figure it out, there was a new adblue pump fitted last summer.
Can i post VN here ??
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Please post your VIN in full without spaces - it will be automatically masked from public view after submitting your post & will only be visible to staff. But this won't be much help without fault codes because with a Hybrid system, you have the Hybrid ECUs that are integrated into the battery and vehicle and these can have their own set of problems.

Marc
MacSlavko

Post by MacSlavko »

C5D5107 wrote: 23 Feb 2024, 20:16 Got (BPGA) unit replaced, after 4 weeks, now added adblue and urea warning light and check engine warning light as well as service light came on, drove to mechanic other night and on the way lights went off, could find no fault, now 1 day later lights back on ,really doing my head in ,any suggestions appreciated
May not be related with previous BPGA unit fault.
Without Diagbox faults reading it's kinda guesswork, but it seems like common faulure of urea pump on PSA BlueHDi engines - usually happens due to clogged urea (AdBlue) injector.
Repair is above £1000 as the whole tank with pump needs to be replaced, and programmed.

But, have it properly diagnosed first!
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 26 Feb 2024, 21:53, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited for AUP
C5D5107

Post by C5D5107 »

Thanks for replies, ad blue pump was replaced last summer
C5D5107

Post by C5D5107 »

VIN VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 26 Feb 2024, 19:17 Please post your VIN in full without spaces - it will be automatically masked from public view after submitting your post & will only be visible to staff. But this won't be much help without fault codes because with a Hybrid system, you have the Hybrid ECUs that are integrated into the battery and vehicle and these can have their own set of problems.

Marc
C5D5107

Post by C5D5107 »

Hi folks , sorted mechanic found stuck/faulty valve