Firmware Update Error for Citroen C4 2022 Shine

This is the Connected NAV system.
Main Features: It is a fully integrated Telematics System featuring CarPlay, Android Auto, Real Time Services, Voice Commands, High-Res Display, 3D Navigation, Bluetooth Hands Free & USB. 2 versions of the system are available NAC (Navigation Audio Connectée) and RCC (Radio Couleur Connectée) or Connected Colour Radio, which does not have the Integrated Navigation or Live Services.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

lewolved

Firmware Update Error for Citroen C4 2022 Shine

Post by lewolved »

Hello to Everyone, I have had the usual problems on updating both the head unit and the maps. I have downloaded the Citroen Download tool but when connected to that ıt won't download the needed downloads. I have only managed to download the maps not the head unıt but the update did load either. I assume I need to first update the head unit or at least do them together. Any help is apreciated.

Also I would like to ask if it is possıble to add the Theme 'Red' to the infotainment system. I could add themes on my older Peogeout 308 Smeg Unıt. I am just askıng if it is possible on these new head units. Also one more question is that although my car is shine I do not have the ambience light option on the menu. Is there a way to activate that as well?

Fyi, updates which appear on my Citroen app: Maps 15.0.0-r0 and the head unıt ıs 44.07.05.22_NAC-r0
Last edited by lewolved on 10 Jan 2024, 16:29, edited 2 times in total.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Firmware Update Error for Citroen C4 2022 Shine

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
lewolved

Post by lewolved »

I tought that the licences are car specific not generic
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I haven't mentioned anything to do with licences, but to answer your question, licences are vehicle specific. You shouldn't need one if your vehicle has built in WiFi as this authorises the update behind the scenes. If you are not sure, post your VIN up and I will confirm if you need a licence file or not.

To answer your other question about themes - you can't add themes that are not included in the system firmware. You may find there are other colours with a later version, but only if they have provided them in the update.

Marc
lewolved

Post by lewolved »

Here you go, this is my vin number: VR7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so as your vehicle does not have on-board WiFi, you need a licence file. I have updated the post above with the file links to include your specific licence file.

You will need a 32 Gb USB key to be honest.

When you have formatted the USB key to FAT32, you must extract the TAR file to the USB from your computer. DO not copy the whole compressed file, only extract the contents using something like 7Zip.

When you have done this, create a new folder on the route of the USB and call it 'licence' without the inverted commas, but spelled exactly as I have typed it. The copy the whole licence file you have downloaded into this folder.

This will authorise the update of the firmware.

Marc
jocKingis

Post by jocKingis »

Hello,

I have the same problem as I cannot get hold of the update files via the update tool. Is there a possibility I would get the files aswell? No wifi onboard.

My VIN number is VR7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Many thanks,
jocKingis
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Marc
jocKingis

Post by jocKingis »

@GiveMeABrake Many thanks, much appreciated. Will try it and hope I’ll get it to work.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Firmware updates are provided by the Citroen Update App.
It is available for download here once you provide your VIN:
https://www.citroen.co.uk/buy/map-update.html
Firmware cannot be restored or downgraded to a previous version - it can only be upgraded or the same version reinstalled.

Marc
Topsy67

Post by Topsy67 »

Hi I have the same issue of not being able to update my screen firmware for 2023 e-C4/
Can you assist? VIN VR7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
Topsy67

Post by Topsy67 »

I have successfully updated my maps software, but when it comes to the screen I get "connection error". Are you able to provide the latest software for the screen update. VIN: VR7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff].
joan17

Post by joan17 »

Hi, I have a C4 feel pack from 2023, yesterday an update was disponible and I started it, but I turn off the motor cause I thougt the update would keep runing. When I turned on the car there ara multiples issues: the bluetooth conection doesnt work, the parking sensors and the back camera dont work, even the button of the home simbol doesnt work.

On the screen the system version that appears is the AHW.1.25.92.23, but I think that is a failed or anomalus version. Can I reinstall the update that have failed? Thank you.
ctuna89

Post by ctuna89 »

Hi Givemeabreak (marc) This is the same issue I have and just posted on the other topic! hope you can help me! thanks dude! I am reading this forum and you rock
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Topsy67 wrote: 08 Feb 2024, 14:41 I have successfully updated my maps software, but when it comes to the screen I get "connection error". Are you able to provide the latest software for the screen update. VIN: VR7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff].
No update is showing as available for you. According to data you already have Version 44.07.05.22_NAC-r0 of the firmware which is the latest.

Marc