Citroen c3 picasso

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re: Citroen c3 picasso

Post by CitroJim »

Huskyxantia wrote: 13 Jan 2024, 19:36 Engine oil level sensor might now have given up as I'm getting top up oil level and no oil ok on the dash , wonder if i might of caught it when changing the clutch master cylinder
Oh balls :twisted: It's one thing after another :( Here's hoping all will soon settle Husky [-o<
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

Recalling when i changed the sensor switch & the strainer the end of the level sensor was split. But it didn't do it after that repair , Wondering if I've caught the loom for the level sensor while doing the master cylinder , did read something about coolant being hotter than its fresh hold ? I did drain the system after the clutch job and flushed it through then refilled did the bleed with both points , fitted my new temp & volt gauge then ran the car then had to top up the coolant . Maybe the car being towed home on the AA dolly might of done it ? So many maybes. I did how ever find the plug still on its attachment to the air con it was snapped off and tuck away behind the washer bottle , now moving that ? Na, cant be as this would of been already like this , because of doing the clutch part then i found it , wonder where the loom for that goes ? Any one got any wiring diagrams, wheres James HellRazor when you need him.
Husky. :?
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

Also nice pure white smoke on start up signals to me glow plugs , ive some sets in my shed so may do this next , once tinker gets warm its all fine and gretta friendly.
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

CitroJim wrote: 14 Jan 2024, 04:46
Huskyxantia wrote: 13 Jan 2024, 19:36 Engine oil level sensor might now have given up as I'm getting top up oil level and no oil ok on the dash , wonder if i might of caught it when changing the clutch master cylinder
Oh balls :twisted: It's one thing after another :( Here's hoping all will soon settle Husky [-o<
Think i might get a bike lol , how much for a decent electric one ? Couple of hundred ( he says wishing )
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

Oil ok back on the display this morning all is good
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Huskyxantia wrote: 14 Jan 2024, 15:06 Oil ok back on the display this morning all is good
That's good :) The oil level sensor in the Xantias could be a right 'mare and cried wolf a lot, often entirely randomly. Different grades of oil could cause them to misbehave and one train of thought was they did not like some brews of semi-synthetic...

And I found old oil could provoke it too...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

Thats sensors for you . Drove it 48 miles today went real good nice ride.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent!
Jim

Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

Huskyxantia wrote: 14 Jan 2024, 08:41 Also nice pure white smoke on start up signals to me glow plugs , ive some sets in my shed so may do this next , once tinker gets warm its all fine and gretta friendly.
No problem starting this morning , have noticed its a bit smokey for about half a mile , then absolutely fine . Pcv valve maybe ? Covered almost 100 miles today partly getting lost used 2 bars on the fuel gauge dont know if thats good ? Car drove nice heater is wonderful . Everything seemed normal, sits on the motorway perfect .
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Mine never smokes Husky and my glowplugs only come into operation when it's around 2 degrees. Then instant start... I'll look when I set off very early tomorrow morning for any smoke...

I'm off to Somerset for the day... My accent needs topping up ;)

Whilst an HDi barely ever needs them for the actual start, they do help smoke and emission by staying on for a while (post-heating) after a cold start so swapping them is a good call.

Two bars of fuel should be well over 100 miles... I reckon mine's good for at least 600 on a full tank...
Jim

Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

Well the fuel looks like it will be economical which is all good these days. I was at -6 this morning so gave it 2 lots of heat and counted ten , it fired up straight away , will keep my eye on this smoke, may be the pcv which considering the age & not knowing how the former keepers were with it , may have to renew the pcv. Time will tell. As i say car is nice
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Huskyxantia wrote: 15 Jan 2024, 19:23 As i say car is nice

They are, a bit of a gem and a well-kept secret 8-) :-D I love mine...
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I ran mine down to Somerset and back yesterday. She was absolutely lovely in all respects :D

On the subject of the fuel gauge... I filled the tank near my destination and drove home. 140 miles later and all but one bar still alight!

I've read that using Adblue to reduce NOx the engine can run a higher CR, be tuned to develop more power and run more efficiently as the SCR system looks after the high levels of NOx the level of tune generates.

I'm not sure on this but I have a belief the EGR system can be dumped too, again increasing the efficiency. All I know is the economy of mine on a run is amazing...
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Forgot to say, even from a (-3 degrees) cold start, not even a tiny puff of smoke nor a hint of any diesel smell...

In my opinion, to say a fully DPF'd and SCR'd modern diesel is environmentally questionable is total rubbish. I reckon what comes out of the exhaust is cleaner than what went into the air intake...

The DV6 is a very sweet little engine...
Jim

Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

I got cold side egr stuck shut on a recent scan so i will give it some liquid mechanic, wynns is my trusted bottle of magic i use this over any other , when my xsara Picasso was a flood victim once i got the water out the engine i used 4 bottles of this wynns cleaner & everything was good

Great fuel economy there Jim.

My system looks like its been played with i will recheck ,egr is still there & more likely looking like its causing said light smoke on start up and the first half mile so wynns cleaner is my first go to. As for blanking egr off . Think you can get finned for that now.