206cc to a 308cc How ? Why ? Everything 308cc

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Re: 206cc to a 308cc How ? Why ? Everything 308cc

Post by Huskyxantia »

My new reverse lights now im seen by others much better proved by the person getting out of my way faster then before when they weren't fitted
Attachments
New reverse lights
New reverse lights
Husky. :?
ChrisRobin

Post by ChrisRobin »

Nice.
They are in a stupid place mind you, my Renault Megane is the same bottom corner of the bumper as well????? WHY. At Night a complete waste of time lights up NOTHING!
Who on earth thought that would be a good idea.
307cc they weren't, Megane 2 they weren't. To make it worse my Megane 3 CC has two clear plastic lenses on the inner lamps on the boot lid which don't work but "look like" reverse lamps, at least mine it clear thought the wife 308cc has read lines on it so it does not even "look" like a reverse light
I find to reverse park on high street I stop & indicate, select reverse, by the time you have done that the car behind is almost on you, to close to see the bottom of your bumper, then wave arms at you when you reverse.
There is aesthetics and then there is just silly.
Just Remember;Where ever you go, There you are !
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

Might be the shock itself snapped my 207 did the same but swayed on the steering like mad when going over rough roads.
ChrisRobin

Post by ChrisRobin »

@ xantia_v6
Did you check your rear springs right at the bottom, sounds similar to the wife's 308cc, but when lifted on a wheels free ramp you could move the spring slightly passenger side but not the driver side... odd.
Closer inspection revealed spring broken, roughly about half of the 1st coil, the metallic sound we think was possibly the broken bit still in there being hit by the spring itself and expands and contracts over bumps, other than the annoying sound it made some times it look right was sagging handle fine. Might be worth a check at the bottom of the springs just to make sure they are ok and nothing missing.
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team

Post by xantia_v6 »

xantia_v6 wrote: 18 Nov 2023, 19:24 Our 308CC has developed a metallic clunk from the left rear which only occurs when driving over a sharp ridge. It sounds like the exhaust hitting the body...
I seem to have fixed it. This would only apply to petrol engine cars. The fuel vapour cannister is attached to the fuel tank just ahead of the left rear wheel, quite close to the exhaust pipe. There is a heatshied on the vapour cannister and a heat shield mounted to the body, and a few mm gap between them. The problem is that the whole vapour cannister assembly is loose, causing the 2 heatshields. To occasionally collide.

Bending the shield slightly away from each other seems to have fixed the noise. I am sure that the vapour cannister should be attached more securely, but I can't see how. The cannister is supplied with fuel tank attached.

I did stuff some rubber seal strip between the cannister and main tank to reduce the relative movement.
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

Above.
Nice when you find the issue and fix it . Great job
Nunthewiser

Post by Nunthewiser »

Hey you long term CC guys- how are the retractable top mechanisms on these cars? Are they "an accident waiting to happen" or generally not a big issue? Is there anything to look out for?

I'm in France looking for some kind of small diesel. I will probably just end up with a C3, but if I can find one of these I might just go for it because I love convertibles (my wife, not so much but she doesn't have to come along all the time...)
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team

Post by xantia_v6 »

The roof mechanism is very reliable. The only time we had a panic was when I had not packed the luggage properly and it was causing the roller blind to be pushed up a little. The blind popped out of its hook with the roof 90% down stopping all operations with the boot lid still open. Fortunately I worked out what had happened, but it was very challenging to reach in and re-hook the blind.
ChrisRobin

Post by ChrisRobin »

The 308,s are better than the 307 in that department the rubber stopper on the blind use to fall off on our 307cc so blind on one side would try and fold back which in turn made the switch on the driver side blind arm think the blind was not across, roof fail the 308 seems more securely fixed, all we did was pop the boot and pull it back into place, job done roof works fine, we had the 307cc for 8 years no roof problems at all not even a drip of water and it lived outside on the drive year round, the 308cc been with us now over 2 years and no problem there either although the roof is a bit squeaky when it opens doesn't seem to be as good as the 307 roof, but as of yet no issues, no water ingress, although you have to be careful with the boot seal on each corner bottom of the rear screen as there are drain tunnels which block up with ease, when this happens the water finds it's way past the boot seal and into the boot, 307cc had the same weak spot, keep them clean with a cable tie rodding and they are fine.
In all honesty thought I am a bit OCD on roof seals and clean them on a regular basis and apply the VW Krytox to them that stops the VW EOS leaking, expensive stuff but not found anything near as good, it plumbs and lubes.
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

My 308cc is doing fine , i do put the roof down and back up just once a week through the winter , better to keep the joints moving just the same as your body if you don't use it it seizes
Mines been brilliant really nice drive the shape is pleasing to the eye & having the rcz as a close relation is nice too , but you can put the roof down on one of them . Ive protected all the rubber seals for winter compared to my old 206cc this 308 dont creak at all
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

Nunthewiser wrote: 17 Dec 2023, 08:30 Hey you long term CC guys- how are the retractable top mechanisms on these cars? Are they "an accident waiting to happen" or generally not a big issue? Is there anything to look out for?

I'm in France looking for some kind of small diesel. I will probably just end up with a C3, but if I can find one of these I might just go for it because I love convertibles (my wife, not so much but she doesn't have to come along all the time...)
Everyone seems to hate french cars... BUT no one seems to take responsibility for the lack of maintaining there vechile. My first french car was a citroen xsara forte 1.4i i changed my whole view about french cars from driving it home after buying it from a potential crushing because no one wanted it. It cost me 300 english pounds cost me £60 for a new clutch fitted it myself , 45 for a new head gasket set did that myself & 25 for the service kit, it went for 7 years no issues. I sold it for 950 pounds, the person whom purchased from me still has it. Lesson to remember good maintenence is the key if you buy a cc look for suspension components springs make sure there not broke, check the roof , look in the boot if it looks like ots been pulled to bits leave it alone, get a petrol if you drive small miles say less then 250km per week. Only get a diesel if the person selling can prove it has had the dpf cleaned or renewed also the Eolys fluid topped up too. Any clunk or knock from the rear means the ream beam bearings are worn. 206cc are known to have the windows either to high , meaning when you close the door the window closes over the roof frame this can be done by removing the door card and adjusting the window frame work slight adjustment, also the rear quarter glass sometimes won't go up or down properly but can also be adjusted there is a video on youtube about this . Check service history when viewing a car, don't fall for former keeper lost all the paper work walk away from these too. Keep oil changes on time use a good oil and filters , make sure the cam belts been done at the right mileage, and you should fine your car will be the right one for you if you take the advice above. If you do get one pop up some photos be nice to see another. Oh one last thing the loom that goes over the inner wing on the passenger side uk cars might be same for left hand drive too, can rub and wear some wires which can make an abs light come on the dash. Mine had this fault failed its mot then was sold for 350£ to which i purchased it then put some work into the car used it after it passed its test for a year then traded up to my 308cc.
ChrisRobin

Post by ChrisRobin »

I find that as well I work in a VW dealership and mine is the diamond of doom, yet you want to see the amount of VW/Skoda/Seat And in particularly Audi's we repair, so they are just "as bad"
I once had a Fiat Bravo, I took it to the Fiat dealership and accosted a young tech outside to get some thoughts off him on a problem I had he told me how to fix it, but he also said I wouldn't have a Fiat the are junk get a decent car, Like what I said his response a........ Renault!
What can you say.
I think it all down to how you look after them. All manufactured cars are now made as cheaply as possible. using similar parts in most cases like the F9Q engine is used in Volvo, Nissan and Suzuki as well as Renault and I would imagine in a few more I don't know about.
We have just launched a "Brand New" VW Amarok which is simply a Ford Ranger with a Vdub badge on, right down the oil we have to pop over the road for to our local Ford dealers as VW as of yet hasn't made that spec available to us, as it has a wet cambelt set up which is something VW don't do, looks like we should be able to order the oil by mid Jan in 1 litre bottles, nice one Vdub, still ahead of the curve..
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

Good luck with the wet cambelt setup !
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

When a 206cc grows up ...
Attachments
20230709_153616.jpg
20221009_091823.jpg
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

Need to know what wires are to what lights on the front head lamps.. any one ?