Electrical circuit fault: have your vehicle repaired

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Electrical circuit fault: have your vehicle repaired

Post by GiveMeABreak »

See how you go as a poor battery will affect systems for sure. Anything 5 years or over should be replaced on modern vehicles.

However, I've also seen similar issues before and it can be the supplies and protection unit that goes faulty and needs replacing. If the same thing starts to happen again that me be the cause.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Spacetourerman

Post by Spacetourerman »

Hi,
Did either of you get anywhere with your errors?
Cheers
g2018

Post by g2018 »

I got the same issue and was quoted £850 to replace the Battery Charge Status and Management Units.
Doo
(Donor 2022)

Post by Doo »

This may or may not help, but my usually reliable 2012 Berlingo isn't being used as often due to the sunny weather and me using the motorcycle.... So when I asked my son to move the car it lit up like a Christmas tree. Telling me gearbox blah blah blah. I left it running for half an hour, restarted and all was well. I went to use it yesterday and same old same old, ABS, gearbox, ESP etc. So I had no choice as I needed to drop off a bonnet (not easy on a motorcycle) but needed to collect a prescription in the village first. Got there, fetched, back into the car and it was as if I had imagined the issues! It drove perfectly and I got through my day with no more issues. They are voltage reliant so I believe my battery is past it's use by date as the stop/start function is disabled and showing a warning triangle. But sometimes it disappears.

My point being perhaps you have a voltage issue due to a bad earth or maybe even the big + connection in the fuse box/BSM. My wife had a similar issue a few years ago and it was the fuse connections themselves (although the + connection was also suspect). I cleaned all the fuse holders with a woman's cardboard nail file (emery board) and applied some electrical grease. That was about 9 years ago. Never had another issue with that. But at the time, it kept flagging silly and somewhat unfeasible issues. I work on different vehicles and always find a green connection that causes a fault. CanBus no NOT like high resistance connections so I usually clean with a wire wheel on the grinder or a bit of 120 sandpaper.

Good luck finding the problem.
Has anyone seen the plot? :?