Chinese Android Multimedia Panel on Peugeot 206 not working properly

This section is for General Enquiries or for Systems not Covered Above

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

UserFromInternet

Chinese Android Multimedia Panel on Peugeot 206 not working properly

Post by UserFromInternet »

Hey guys, nice to meet you.
I got a Peugeot 206 model 2009 and i bought a new Android Multimedia Panel from China.
The thing is (read carefully):
1) When i installed the panel i grabbed my keys, got to the ignition mode and then, the panel turned on.
2) I passed the ingition mode and the car started working (the engine was running) and everything was alright.
3) 15 minutes later i turned off the car but the panel did not turned off but it did switch off by itself after 10 minutes.
4) After that, i put the car into the ingition mode again but the panel did not turned on. I had to disconnect the battery and connect it back and then, the panel turned on while the engine was running but when i turned off the car the panel stopped working and i had to disconnect the battery again.

It is like the computer or something is disconnecting the electricity and it cannot reach to the multimedia panel and i have to disconnect the battery in order to "reset" something.

Note: do note that the panel has an option to shut down but it seems the screen is off but if i press any button it makes a "bip" or a noise. It is not 100% off.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is strange, i cut some cords from the multimedia panel to check if everything was alright and it is just fine.

What is going on, guys?. What should i check? Why the panel doesnt turn on until i disconnect the battery?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Chinese Android Multimedia Panel on Peugeot 206 not working properly

Post by GiveMeABreak »

We can't really advise you on third party aftermarket units. Your best bet is to contact the supplier, as it could be incompatible, or the wrong multiplexed adapter or wired incorrectly....
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
UserFromInternet

GiveMeABreak wrote: 21 Nov 2022, 21:12 We can't really advise you on third party aftermarket units. Your best bet is to contact the supplier, as it could be incompatible, or the wrong multiplexed adapter or wired incorrectly....
Hey pal, but.. i don't understand. How "incompatible"? This panel was design for a Peugeot 206 and the wiring is not that hard. There are 2 plugs and that's all.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Your 2009 vehicle is multiplexed, so the audio system will also be the same. If it's not got the correct harness or connections it won't work properly as the BSI controls the supply.

Marc
UserFromInternet

GiveMeABreak wrote: 21 Nov 2022, 21:21 Your 2009 vehicle is multiplexed, so the audio system will also be the same. If it's not got the correct harness or connections it won't work properly as the BSI controls the supply.
Take a look, i have 2 plugs (image called first).

First
first.jpg
It was connected to this adapter (take a look at the number of pins and the location of each one) - image called second.

Second
second.jpg
The new adapter has these pins (image called third).

Third
third.jpg
The location from the black plug has more pins than the previous one. Will it cause the problem or not?
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 22 Nov 2022, 10:05, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Ordered and Tagged Images in Correct Order
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I can't answer that without knowing the system you currently have and the wiring designations of the aftermarket adapter. Your existing system plug does not use all the connections - this is common and depends on the type of head unit in the vehicle and capabilities.

If you have the VIN of your vehicle I can take a look at the pin connections for the original sockets, but I'll also need to know what the pins on the new adapter are allocated to. If you can provide this I may be able to advise.

Marc
UserFromInternet

GiveMeABreak wrote: 22 Nov 2022, 10:09 I can't answer that without knowing the system you currently have and the wiring designations of the aftermarket adapter. Your existing system plug does not use all the connections - this is common and depends on the type of head unit in the vehicle and capabilities.

If you have the VIN of your vehicle I can take a look at the pin connections for the original sockets, but I'll also need to know what the pins on the new adapter are allocated to. If you can provide this I may be able to advise.
My VIN number is: 8AD2AKFWUAG025271
I already sent you the image of the pins from the new adapter. Take a look (the pins within the red circle correspond to the black plug and the pins within the blue circle correspond to the white plug):
https://imgur.com/a/W72LH0n
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, as I thought, you have a Mercosur vehicle and these are often configured differently. I can't help you as the it just states radio without speakers and does not list the equipment, so I won't be able to match up the wiring to a diagram for the pinouts. The pictures you provided are useless to me as the wiring diagram is needed. The colours of the wires are also no good as PSA change the wiring frequently. Without the electrical diagram I can't help you determine which pin does what.

I may have some basic info - but I have to go out now, so I'll update this post later if I find it.

Marc
Ross_K

Post by Ross_K »

In my own experience fitting a replacement radio to a M59 Peugeot Partner the +12V ignition feed doesn't turn off with the ignition key being removed...it goes off a few minutes later as you noticed. I had to take my +12V ignition feed from the cigarette lighter.
ImageImage
UserFromInternet

Ross_K wrote: 22 Nov 2022, 11:39 In my own experience fitting a replacement radio to a M59 Peugeot Partner the +12V ignition feed doesn't turn off with the ignition key being removed...it goes off a few minutes later as you noticed. I had to take my +12V ignition feed from the cigarette lighter.
Wait, what? why did you do that?
Ross_K

Post by Ross_K »

UserFromInternet wrote: 22 Nov 2022, 12:19 Wait, what? why did you do that?
To get a +12V feed that is switched off when you turn the ignition off.

Like I said, it sounds from your description like the +12V "ignition" feed in your radio harness doesn't do this either. Get a multimeter and check
ImageImage
UserFromInternet

Ross_K wrote: 22 Nov 2022, 13:07
UserFromInternet wrote: 22 Nov 2022, 12:19 Wait, what? why did you do that?
To get a +12V feed that is switched off when you turn the ignition off.

Like I said, it sounds from your description like the +12V "ignition" feed in your radio harness doesn't do this either. Get a multimeter and check
It does when i disconnect the battery and connect it back but when i turn off the car the radio will shutdown by it's own and it wont turn on again until i disconnect and connect the battery, do you get me?
Ross_K

Post by Ross_K »

UserFromInternet wrote: 22 Nov 2022, 13:59 It does when i disconnect the battery and connect it back but when i turn off the car the radio will shutdown by it's own and it wont turn on again until i disconnect and connect the battery, do you get me?
So, The radio turns on if you've done a hard disconnect of the power (disconnecting the battery) first.

The radio doesn't turn on if you let it turn off itself (after 10 minutes like you said, but you also say you don't think it's 100% off).

Taking these two points at their face value, the radio isn't powering down completely when you take the key out of the ignition.

I refer you to my previous comments about taking a switched +12V feed for the radio from somewhere like the cigarette lighter.

To be honest this is a conversation you need to have with the person who sold the radio to you... There are many, many Android radios out there, good and bad (although mostly bad) and we can only give you general suggestions here.
ImageImage
UserFromInternet

Ross_K wrote: 22 Nov 2022, 14:18
UserFromInternet wrote: 22 Nov 2022, 13:59 It does when i disconnect the battery and connect it back but when i turn off the car the radio will shutdown by it's own and it wont turn on again until i disconnect and connect the battery, do you get me?
So, The radio turns on if you've done a hard disconnect of the power (disconnecting the battery) first.

The radio doesn't turn on if you let it turn off itself (after 10 minutes like you said, but you also say you don't think it's 100% off).

Taking these two points at their face value, the radio isn't powering down completely when you take the key out of the ignition.

I refer you to my previous comments about taking a switched +12V feed for the radio from somewhere like the cigarette lighter.

To be honest this is a conversation you need to have with the person who sold the radio to you... There are many, many Android radios out there, good and bad (although mostly bad) and we can only give you general suggestions here.
Alright, pal. I've a question. What do you mean by "taking a switched +12V feed for the radio from somewhere like the cigarette lighter."? You mean disconnect the cigarette lighter?
Ross_K

Post by Ross_K »

On the cable going in the back of your radio, you need to find the "ignition" 12V wire (use a multimeter to figure out which this is), cut it and solder in the feed from the lighter.

You probably don't want to cut the factory-installed wire, so buy a sacrificial ISO -> ISO adapter cable and cut that instead:
Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 18.07.47.png
ImageImage